Windows 10: Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode

Discus and support Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I want to try and boot my computer into safe mode to check for any possible malware, but I cannot because it says I need a BitLocker key. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JNguyen23, Dec 8, 2020.

1. JNguyen23 Win User

Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode

Hello,

I want to try and boot my computer into safe mode to check for any possible malware, but I cannot because it says I need a BitLocker key. When I set up my Windows almost 2 years ago, I don't remember if it gave me the BitLocker key code or not, so I don't have any on me.

How do I find my key so that I can reboot my computer into safe mode?

:)

JNguyen23, Dec 8, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking sees no available networks

I'm trying to reboot the system into the Safe Mode with Networking (option 5). However, while regular mode is connected to the network the Safe Mode doesn't connect and doesn't give any available network list.

Any suggestions?

Robbie Doo, Dec 8, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Safe mode problems

1st of all sorry for late reply, was busy with work and was not able to read here, uhmm

@Dippsy - It's already disabled, when I get to the point where I log on to my computer under safe mode, it then reboots.

@Darknova - I meant to the place where I log on to the computer at safe mode, and then it reboots...

It reboots after or before I could even type my user password.

BUT NORMAL BOOT WORKS, NOT SAFE MODE *Frown Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode :(

psyko12, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Cannot reboot computer

2. Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.: Hi,When I try to login into my Windows 10 desktop computer using my PIN, I get ''Your credentials could not be verified.'' message. followed by ''Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again.'' When I...
  3. Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login into my computer and windows wont enter safe mode.: Hi,When I try to login into my Windows 10 desktop computer using my PIN, I get ''Your credentials could not be verified.'' message. followed by ''Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available status: 0xc000006d, substatus: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again.'' When I...
  4. Problem rebooting even in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem rebooting even in safe mode.: I'm having problems booting up , my computer just came up with a message that the program wasn't working and asked if it should shut down so I said yes and from that point it wouldn't boot up ,I kept trying and eventually it did so I was looking into what the problem was and...
  5. Within msconfig selected to reboot into safe mode. Now computer will not boot up. Cannot...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Within msconfig selected to reboot into safe mode. Now computer will not boot up. Cannot...: Within msconfig selected to reboot into safe mode. Now computer will not boot up. Cannot even access BIOS. Have windows 10 recovery USB drive but it is not registered by the computer during bootup. Looks like a bad situation. Thanks in advance. System is a Dell XPS...
  6. Cannot log in to computer account on Win10 Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot log in to computer account on Win10 Safe Mode: I am experiencing BSODs every time I log in to my profile when starting the PC normally so I tried logging in on Safe Mode with Networking to troubleshoot. Problem is that even though I am entering my current password with Microsoft, the computer keeps telling me "The...
  7. BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD and Inability to reboot to safe mode: Dell Latitude Laptop running Windows 10 1809 64 bit - Went to shut down laptop last night 12 May around 11:30 UT and immediately went to a BSOD KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and tried to restart. Ended up in the Windows Recovery Environment suggesting a restart. Selecting...
  8. Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally: I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903. Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any...
  9. Cannot reboot to get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reboot to get to safe mode: Need to reboot to open safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cannot-reboot-to-get-to-safe-mode/daf5089b-968f-4cbd-94ea-75a03076d82f
  10. Safe Mode Reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Safe Mode Reboot: Hi Jim here from Elliot Lake Ontario.... 6 hr north of Toronto and 2 hours east of the Soo, Mich Been retired here in the north for 20 years after a career with Bell Canada... in a variety of installation/repair/central office then sales marketing and consulting to outside...