Windows 10: Cannot reboot Windows 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...

Discus and support Cannot reboot Windows 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Community. Urgent help requested. My Windows 8 laptop crashed and I cannot reboot. Tried to launch safe mode via system recovery screen to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kennw1, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Kennw1 Win User

Cannot reboot Windows 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...

Hello Community. Urgent help requested. My Windows 8 laptop crashed and I cannot reboot. Tried to launch safe mode via system recovery screen to get this I powered off 3 times to force automatic repair process. When the recovery screen appears after an hour or so. cursor is stuck but jumps around after several attempts. Eventually I manage to select advanced options but after several minutes a screen appears with disk erase options. Is there anything I can do? Is my hard drive damaged or too low on disk space? I need to recover some files so erasing disk is ot an option. I have tried twice

:)

Kennw1, Jul 18, 2022

2. HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

xstayxtruex, Jul 18, 2022
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 18, 2022
  4. Chester62 Win User

Cannot reboot Windows 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...

System Image Recovery Hangs

I discovered that if I wait until the step "Advanced Options" to connect the external drive containing the System Image, and then click on "System Image Recovery", the recovery proceeds normally.

If I connect the external drive before starting the recovery process, that is, before clicking on "Shift" and "Restart", the system hangs when I get to the "System Image Recovery" step.

Chester62, Jul 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot reboot Windows 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe... - Similar Threads - Cannot reboot crash

2. After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.: So, I recently tried updating my graphics driver. When I went to restart, it automatically boots me into the "choose your keyboard screen". Once that is selected, it takes me to "Choose an Option" and the only two options are "Troubleshoot" or "Turn off your PC". When I go to...
  3. After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.: So, I recently tried updating my graphics driver. When I went to restart, it automatically boots me into the "choose your keyboard screen". Once that is selected, it takes me to "Choose an Option" and the only two options are "Troubleshoot" or "Turn off your PC". When I go to...
  4. After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot reboot Windows 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reboot Windows 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...: Hello Community. Urgent help requested. My Windows 8 laptop crashed and I cannot reboot. Tried to launch safe mode via system recovery screen to get this I powered off 3 times to force automatic repair process. When the recovery screen appears after an hour or so. cursor is...
  6. Cannot reboot WIndiws 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reboot WIndiws 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...: Hello Community. Urgent help requested. My Windows 8 laptop crashed and I cannot reboot. Tried to launch safe mode via system recovery screen to get this I powered off 3 times to force automatic repair process. When recovery screen appears after an hour or so. cursor is stuck...
  7. Cannot reboot WIndiws 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reboot WIndiws 8 after crash. System recovery screen hangs so I cannot launch Safe...: Hello Community. Urgent help requested. My Windows 8 laptop crashed and I cannot reboot. Tried to launch safe mode via system recovery screen to get this I powered off 3 times to force automatic repair process. When recovery screen appears after an hour or so. cursor is stuck...
  8. Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot reboot my computer into Safe Mode: Hello, I want to try and boot my computer into safe mode to check for any possible malware, but I cannot because it says I need a BitLocker key. When I set up my Windows almost 2 years ago, I don't remember if it gave me the BitLocker key code or not, so I don't have any on...
  9. Cannot reboot to get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reboot to get to safe mode: Need to reboot to open safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cannot-reboot-to-get-to-safe-mode/daf5089b-968f-4cbd-94ea-75a03076d82f
  10. Cannot Install Windows 10. Installer hangs upon reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Install Windows 10. Installer hangs upon reboot.: Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum, and I have registered because I cannot upgrade or clean install my pc to windows 10. I am running windows 7, and was able to upgrade to windows 8.1 easily, but i did not like the new interface and found it too cumbersome, so i...