Windows 10: Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router

Discus and support Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all,Please assist. I recently moved to a new home and received a new router. My windows 10 laptop will connect to the wifi, but will not download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by laurenkelbrick, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router

Hi all,Please assist. I recently moved to a new home and received a new router. My windows 10 laptop will connect to the wifi, but will not download emails or allow me onto the internet.I have done everything that has been seen as possible solutions. Resetting router, airplane mood, restarting laptop, logging in to router to check settings. nothing has worked. I'm able to use my Iphone hotspot for my laptop and xbox it links immediately. All other devices in the house have no problems, except our XBox which is also microsoft. Please help to get these 2 devices on the wifi.

:)

laurenkelbrick, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Bikram66 Win User

New Router - Windows connected to internet but shows not connected

Hi,

Apologies, for my late response.

The Problem is still there. I have tried all the steps including uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. I think if I give you a brief background it may help.

My computer is what you call an assembled one with majority parts from ASUS (motherboard, graphics card, wireless card etc.). I updated to Windows 10 a while back and it has been working fine. Only issue I had for last month or two was that it was not letting
    me install new apps or update existing especially Netflix one. I didn't pay attention to it. About six months ago, I updated my modem/router and had no problems.

Recently, I relocated and had to go with a different Internet provider as old one did not provide to new address. The new provider supply their own router/modem (Telstra). I set up the new connection through my Mobile as per steps provided along with
    the new router. I did not have my computer with me at the time. When I got my computer, I tried to connect it to the new router. The computer shows my router in the wireless list and connects to to but shows no internet. But if you use google chrome or microsoft
    edge they connect to internet even though the symbol at the bottom shows no connection. This, to me, shows there is a connection and some software issue is telling windows that there is none. As I use MS Office 365 especially MS Outlook adn MS
    Word this is causing me issue as windows internal packages are not connecting to internet.

hope this helps you fix the problem

regards,

Bikram Singh

Bikram66, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Connected to router but cannot browse the web

I did Try Chrome and Firefox but same thing as internet Explorer wont Connect, I cant even connect to my router from it.

Yep Rebooted aswell, That was the first thing i Did.

Also my other Laptop Can connect to the Homehub fine and i can browse the net on the that.

Seems to be a problem with the Compaq mini.

Virus-j, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router

1. Cannot receive emails or browse internet while connected to a new router - Similar Threads - Cannot receive emails

2. Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet. How to fix?: I am connected to wifi and am able to update apps and use apps such as steam without internet connection issues. But when I go onto any browser it does not work.I have tried many resolutions and cannot seem to figure this out.Motherboard: ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming Wifi...
  3. Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet. How to fix?: I am connected to wifi and am able to update apps and use apps such as steam without internet connection issues. But when I go onto any browser it does not work.I have tried many resolutions and cannot seem to figure this out.Motherboard: ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming Wifi...
  4. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  5. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch: Hi dear support team and the community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me. 1. I have a basic configuration:D-link router connected to the ISP,Computer with Win 10 an NAS drive connected to the router. Everything is working well, and I see all devices and Internet....
  6. Windows cannot connect to Internet. Internet + router + switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot receive emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot receive emails: I cannot receive emails from my Outlook....some emails come through, but others do not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-emails/065dba14-6969-4acd-9a85-abfe99b9be0c
  8. Cannot receive emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot receive emails: Cannot receive email in my verizon email account. Lost the internet one day and everything was lost in my verizon email account and now cannot receive emails in my verizon email account....
  9. cannot connect to internet while saying connected

cannot connect to internet while saying connected: hey there just turned on PC and steam wasn't connect so i open Firefox to see if i connected to internet or not and it wasn't so i restart my PC to see if that will be fixed or not and its just the same after trying some solutions in internet like ipconfig netsh reset...
  10. No internet connection using a new router

No internet connection using a new router: Hello! I bought a new Netgear router since the old one was giving me some issues. I connected it up, did everything with my ssid and password & such, and tried to use it. I discovered that the wifi is working great but my desktop is connected to the router via ethernet and...