Windows 10: cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail

Discus and support cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can send emails from all 3 gmail accounts using windows mail but cannot receive emails from 2 of them. All have been configured alike.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrederickBelanger, Feb 20, 2021.

1. cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail

I can send emails from all 3 gmail accounts using windows mail but cannot receive emails from 2 of them. All have been configured alike.

:)

FrederickBelanger, Feb 20, 2021
  2. mdm-adph Win User

GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

As a user of Yahoo's online mail (for the past 7 years) and Gmail (for the past 2 or 3, can't remember how long it's been around), I have to disagree with you.

I use online mail accounts like Yahoo and Gmail simply to catch email through a forwarder on a domain I own. The forwarder doesn't block anything -- it simply redirects all mail sent to it to an email address I set up, either at Yahoo or Gmail. I've had this same email address at this domain for about 7 years, so it's had time to get on a lot of spammer's lists.

When I set this forwarder up to forward mail to Yahoo, something like 50-60 pieces of spam get through to my inbox every single day. This isn't including the 3 or 4 hundred that get redirected to the junk folder. And that's just one day.

When I set it up to forward to Gmail, that number of spam emails that make it to my inbox drops to two or three.

So, either Gmail's server admins are more on the ball when it comes to spam, or else Yahoo's simply not trying hard enough.

mdm-adph, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Mail forgets Gmail password almost every day

Reason

Windows Mail app keeps prompting for Gmail account password frequently with the "your gmail settings are out of date" message—
    According to a comment on this post . . .

Potential Solutions

Based on some quick research there may be two options that may help resolve this. . .

1. Enable the 2-Step Verification functionality and security feature with your Gmail account and then use the 2-Step Verification to verify and trust the Windows Mail app to have access to your Gmail account
    2. Enable and use the Less Secure Apps functionality by turning that ON and using your usual Gmail account password with the Windows Mail app to authenticate

Further Resources

Pimp Juice IT, Feb 20, 2021
  4. BOSE Win User

cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail

GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

Thats great news for every one, since hotmail gave away 5GB to its users a while ago.

Gmail will never be like Yahoo. Yahoos spam mail filter is crap since day one and they havent done anything about for a decade. Gmail is the most expensive name brand on this planet. The google/gmail founders and owners are on top 10 Forbes list.

So yeah, Gmail learned from others mistakes and made improvements on doing so.

Thema:

cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail

1. cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail - Similar Threads - cannot receive gmail

2. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  3. Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail Account cannot be added to Windows Mail app.: After entering Email and password, the error occurs, i dont know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-cannot-be-added-to-windows-mail-app/78646cd5-540e-4ded-bff4-843a0ec5af05
  4. Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.: Hello,I have the following issue setting up Gmail in Mail App, I click google from the list and can enter my email address and password click next then click allow, then the next box appears on the screen as soon as this box comes up on the screen you cannot type anything in...
  5. Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.

Cannot set up Gmail in Mail app in windows 10 21H2.: Hello,I have the following issue setting up Gmail in Mail App, I click google from the list and can enter my email address and password click next then click allow, then the next box appears on the screen as soon as this box comes up on the screen you cannot type anything in...
  6. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  7. cannot add gmail account to mail app

cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  8. Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app

Errors setting up gmail account in Mail app: New HP laptop, first use. But long time Windows user. Hotmail email account set up no problem. Unable to add gmail account without getting an error code 0x80070490. Have tried to restart the app and reinstall. Have also tried all the suggestions on this question...
  9. Can't receive new mail on Gmail.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't receive new mail on Gmail.: I can't receive new email on my gmail * Original title: gmail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-receive-new-mail-on-gmail/a54853ea-e23e-4171-8e2b-6a363c1f038e
  10. Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account: Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail <Removed for Privacy> account. Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the email server using authenticated POP (APOP). Contact your email provider and verify that it supports authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in...