Windows 10: Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account

Discus and support Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail <Removed for Privacy> account. Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the email server using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SueH., Sep 17, 2018.

1. SueH. Win User

Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account

Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail <Removed for Privacy> account. Windows Live Mail couldn't log on to the email server using authenticated POP (APOP). Contact your email provider and verify that it supports authenticated POP. To change this logon setting, in the folder list, right-click on the account name, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu. In the Properties dialog, click the Servers tab and then under Incoming Mail Server, select a logon option.

Server: 'pop.gmail.com'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80004005
    Protocol: POP3
    Port: 995
    Secure(SSL): Yes

The above fix does not work

How can I fix this?

:)

SueH., Sep 17, 2018
  2. Alfred001 Win User

Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address.

When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from gmail via Mail it always just shows the e-mail address, not the name.

On the other hand, all hotmail accounts I use show the name fine.

I checked in manage accounts->change mailbox sync settings and both accounts have "send your messages using this name" specified correctly, but the name still doesn't show.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Alfred001, Sep 17, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Gmail Account

Hi Cheryl,

Windows can detect if the settings for you account is updated and will display notification if there are updated configurations from your email provider yet the mail set up in Windows have not been updated. To better assist you, we'd like to ask the following
    questions:

• What mail app are you using to access your Gmail account?
    • Are you having issues sending or receiving emails?
    • Is the account configured as POP/IMAP?

In the time, we suggest that you contact the Gmail support team to check for updated configuration for your account so you can make the necessary changes in your Windows mail program.

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot receive or send mail via gmail account - Similar Threads - Cannot receive send

2. Cannot receive or send e-mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot receive or send e-mail: G'day, I had to change my e-mail pass word. Now I am not able to receive mail. I receive this message. Please could somebody tell me how I can update my pass word. Cheers Perry...
  3. Cannot receive or send e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot receive or send e-mail: G'day, I had to change my e-mail pass word. Now I am not able to receive mail. I receive this message. Please could somebody tell me how I can update my pass word. Cheers Perry...
  4. Cannot receive or send e-mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot receive gmail from 2 of 3 gmail accounts set up on windows mail: I can send emails from all 3 gmail accounts using windows mail but cannot receive emails from 2 of them. All have been configured alike. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-gmail-from-2-of-3-gmail-accounts/de98b1e6-f2e4-48c2-90d5-5491a77c34ab
  6. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: This is the message I get when I try to send/receive messages on my Windows Live Mail account. I have Windows 10 Pro. Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail mrwhite56 account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com' Windows Live Mail...
  7. Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail: Cannot send or receive emails on Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-send-or-receive-emails-on-windows-live-mail/b45fe2f4-27c0-4d38-b94a-74338b02aecf
  8. Office 365 outlook will not send message to gmail accounts but receive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 outlook will not send message to gmail accounts but receive: Since updating to Windows 10 my Office 365 Outlook will not send emails - error unable to connect to network - yet it receives them OK and if I go to account settings and use 'Test' it sends and receives OK this is true of all my accounts, Hotmail, gmail and two domain...
  9. Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail in Outlook 2013 receiving not sending: Hi All, Since upgrading to Win 10 last week, I have not been able to send emails from Gmail in Outlook 2013. It was fine in Win 8.1. My email settings are IMAP Outgoing server requires authentication - is ticked Incoming = 993 with SSL Outgoing = 587 with TLS...
  10. Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail not showing "send mail as" name for gmail accounts: I use two gmail accounts and each has a "send mail as" name specified, meaning when I send an e-mail, the recipient will see the sender as being the name I specified, rather than just my e-mail address. When I send mail from gmail, this works, but when I send mail from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot send or receive gmail

2. cannot send or receive gmail in windows 10

3. can not send or receive Gmail

4. CANNOT SEND OR RECEIVE GMAIL ON WINDOWS 10 MAIL,
  5. windows mail cannot send or receive from gmail,
  6. Cannot send or receive gmail with Windows 10,
  7. cannot receive gmail on windows 10,
  8. cannot send or receive gmail mail,
  9. unable to recive mail on my gmail acc,
  10. Unable to receive or send gmail,
  11. unable to send or receive gmail in windows 10,