Windows 10: Cannot reconnect bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle

Discus and support Cannot reconnect bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has happened with two separate mice so far. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but nothing has worked. Also, removing devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MisSigsFan, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Cannot reconnect bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle

This has happened with two separate mice so far. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers but nothing has worked. Also, removing devices doesn't work. They will reappear under bluetooth devices and in device manager after restart, reinstalling drivers, or turning bluetooth off and on again.

:)

MisSigsFan, Jan 31, 2019

2. Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth

Hi AlexanderDI,

Please perform the troubleshooting steps found on this
    link
    on A Bluetooth mouse or keyboard fails to reconnect after being left idle and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know how it goes.

Gerald Vit, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Microsoft Bluetooth mouse fails to reconnect on windows 10

Probably there are different errors out there.

I have problems to reconnect a Bluetooth mouse after my computer comes back from a sleep.

I have windows-7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 64 bit

Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R), driver version 17.1.1407.474 (latest version, dixit windows)

Power Management disabled (“Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” is unchecked).

I have two Bluetooth mice

• A Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse. This mouse works fine. No connection or reconnection problems, working since years.
    • As I do not like the Touch path of the Sculpt Touch Mouse, I recently bought a Microsoft BluetoothMouse 3600. This mouse normally works fine; I am also not losing connection after a few minutes of inactivity (I had this problem years ago with a - now retired
      - Microsoft Bluetooth mouse 5000, hence Power Management is disabled).

However, the annoying problem is that my BluetoothMouse 3600 does not reconnect after my computer comes back from a sleep. Neither automatically, nor does it come back if I push the button on the mouse (whether on/off, or 3 seconds for reconnecting). I can
    only reconnect my mouse by initiating a pair sequence using the “Add a device” from the “Show Bluetooth Devices” window and going through the whole process of adding a new device.

No problem to reconnect after switching mouse off and on, while the computer is awake.

Also the Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse reconnects without even ‘blinking’.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Michael

MichelJonker, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Cannot reconnect bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle

Bluetooth mouse does not reconnect when computer is restarted

Every time I restart my computer (Dell XPs13.3, Windows 10), my Bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc) does not reconnect.

The mouse reconnects only after I open "show bluetooth devices" on the taskbar.

The mouse seems to connect automatically when the computer is turned off and then turned back on.

Suggestions?

ecsorensen, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reconnect bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle

1. Cannot reconnect bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle - Similar Threads - Cannot reconnect bluetooth

2. Laptop not waking from sleep/idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not waking from sleep/idle: This infuriating issue began a few months ago, after an update I believe. I have been trying to fix it ever since.Acer Spin 5 SP515-51GNThe laptop doesn't wake from sleep after it has been left for more than a few seconds after the screen has turned off. When plugged into...
  3. Bluetooth Keyboard Won't Reconnect After Being Removed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Keyboard Won't Reconnect After Being Removed: Hello, My bluetooth Keyboard Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard or something like that suddenly started performing different actions to what the buttons were meant to do earlier today. F3, instead of turning the volume down, performed the same action as pressing Control+F....
  4. Laptop freeing up after being idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freeing up after being idle: About a month ago, my laptop started freezing up when I leave it idle for around 5 minutes or so. I have the latest updates, and about 20 GB of memory left in my ssd. Any suggestions on what is wrong and how to fix?...
  5. Bluetooth LE mouse doesn't reconnect after Windows wakes up again

Bluetooth LE mouse doesn't reconnect after Windows wakes up again: Hi, First time poster here. This post is actually a continuation of a now locked thread by someone else on the same subject. A lot of the newer Bluetooth mice sold today allow the user to connect to two Bluetooth channel types: The regular Bluetooth version and a...
  6. Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse RJN-00001 idle time and lag on wake

Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse RJN-00001 idle time and lag on wake: System Spec - Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 - Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center 12 Devices - Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse RJN-00001 - Bluetooth dongle Generic Bluetooth Radio Version 04, LMP 06 Hello, I am currently using your latest Microsoft Bluetooth...
  7. Bluetooth mouse failing to reconnect after restarting laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth mouse failing to reconnect after restarting laptop: Hi I have a bluetooth mouse. It works ok once I have paired it with my laptop. If I restart my laptop it will not work even though it is switched on and the bt on my laptop is on. To solve this I have to remove it and go through pairing again. I have tried windows bt...
  8. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect: After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever it is called it...
  9. Reconnect Bluetooth mouse after connecting to another device

Reconnect Bluetooth mouse after connecting to another device: Hello! I recently bought a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It's pretty good so far, but I've been annoyed by the fact that it's Bluetooth. This might make it handy when connecting to a laptop but that also means that I have to pair the device again every time I use it in...
  10. Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle

Bluetooth audio stops working after being idle: Hi there! *Biggrin I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Pro a few days ago after being on 8.1 for a few months to see what improvements had been made. Everything seems to be working fine - except my Beats Wireless headset. I notice now that whenever I stop playing audio for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth deivce not reconnecting after restart

2. bluetooth mouse cannot reconnect

3. Bluetooth mouse or keyboard fails to reconnect after being left idle

4. dell 5490 have to reconnect wifi everytime after machine goes to sleep,
  5. when pc wakes up from idle bluetooth not connecting ,
  6. a bluetooth mouse or keyboard fails to reconnect after being left idle,
  7. cannot reconnect to bluetooth mouse after laptop wakes from being idle