Windows 10: Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep

Discus and support Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is an attempt to learn if a solution has been found to an unsolved problem. The problem was described at this link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KH55, May 14, 2019.

1. KH55 Win User

Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2019
  3. slow Internet reconnect after Win10 wakes from sleep

My new Asus Win10 machine with a solid-state hard drive wakes up from sleep refreshingly quickly -- just a couple of seconds. But it takes between 15 and 40 seconds before the Internet connection is re-established. Once the connection is re-established, it works fine. But that delay is annoying. Can I do something to speed up the reconnection?

I don't know where the delay is coming from. My NIC is plugged directly into my Comcast cable modem -- no other routers or the like involved. The NIC on the machine claims to be an "Intel Ethernet Connection (2) 1219-V", running driver version 12.13.17.4, which is claimed to be the current version. The "Power Management" tab in Device Manager for the NIC lists three power-saver options, all of which are enabled (that is, the boxes are checked):

Respond to ARP requests without waking system
    Respond to NS requests without waking system
    Energy Efficient Ethernet

(I am attaching a PNG of the Power Management tab.) These options suggest that the NIC should be able to keep the Internet connection alive, even during sleep. So I don't know why I am experiencing a delay in re-establishing the connection.

Any ideas?
    Lyle

Lyle Ramshaw, May 14, 2019
  4. Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep

1. Cannot reconnect to a network drive upon waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Cannot reconnect network

2. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  3. PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restarts Upon Waking From Sleep: My computer restarts when I wake it from sleep. I am confident this is not a hardware issue as everything works as it should on Linux. I disabled restart when there is an error, and when I wake it, the peripherals do not light up, or appear to connect at all. I already tried...
  4. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  5. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep: Unfortunately as of late I'm getting the "PFN_list_corrupt" error on almost every wake up from sleep. I had 2 external HDD's plugged in thinking maybe those were the issue, however it still persists when unplugged. I did a check on my main SSD with seemingly no issues, also...
  6. PFN_List_Corrupt Right Upon Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Can not access network drives upon waking from sleep in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not access network drives upon waking from sleep in Windows 10: This is an attempt to learn if a solution has been found to an unsolved problem. The problem was described at this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 A solution was promised in 2018, but...
  8. After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After wake from sleep - wifi won't reconnect: After waking from sleep, my Lenovo Carbon X1 (6th gen) often shows failed wifi connection or similar in the status. I need to manually disconnect it then reconnect and it will work again. Even if I click the 'reconnect automatically' setting or whatever it is called it...
  9. BSOD upon waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD upon waking from sleep: Attachment 133661 A new laptop with Windows 10 freezing when waking from sleep. BSOD: irql not less or equal. Please help.. Thank you very much! 83616
  10. cannot wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot wake from sleep: Not sure if this has any bearing on your specific situation......but since the spectre/meltdown exploit, mobo manufacturers have developed a new bios for this. But you have to create a support ticket (especially with Gigabyte) and request the udated bios. They're not...