Windows 10: Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot

Discus and support Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connected my phone to windows mobile hotspot. I walked away until it's disconnected, then back to my laptop. My phone cant connect to mobile hotspot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RamaF, Aug 28, 2019.

1. RamaF Win User

Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot

I connected my phone to windows mobile hotspot. I walked away until it's disconnected, then back to my laptop. My phone cant connect to mobile hotspot anymore. I saw my phone in devices list, but my phone not connected to that hotspot at all.
    How to fix this?

:)

RamaF, Aug 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Mobile Hotspot Problem

To isolate your concern, we recommend that you reconfigure your mobile hotspot to make things work. We suggest that you uninstall the network adapter through device manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start Menu.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Look for Network adapters and click on it to expand.
    • Right-click from the network device and click on Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Note that Windows 10 includes native drivers for your network adapter. It will be reinstalled automatically.
    • In the Search box, type
      Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select Mobile Hotspot.
    • Turn on Mobile Hotspot.
    • Reconfigure your Wi-Fi name and its password.
    • Reconnect your devices and check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot

Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot

1. Cannot reconnect to mobile hotspot - Similar Threads - Cannot reconnect mobile

2. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot: Hello, when i go to Network and Connection there is not a button to show Mobile Hotspot so i cant share my PC internet with my phone. I am also using an Ethernet cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot/173a8cbc-4baa-46e2-9db1-1c2461c8158c
  3. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot: Need helpSo when I turn on mobile hotspot on my windows 10 laptop, and connect my phone to it, it's working just fine and my phone can access internet like normal. But somehow the laptop can't access the internet saying "connection interupted" on chrome. But the moment I turn...
  4. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot: I do have a problem with the mobile hotspot, once I turn on the mobile hotspot then I can't do anything on the internet on my laptop I can't browse or the internet connection is somehow off. But I can browse the internet on the devices that are connected to my laptop's mobile...
  5. Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot: I do have a problem with the mobile hotspot, once I turn on the mobile hotspot then I can't do anything on the internet on my laptop I can't browse or the internet connection is somehow off. But I can browse the internet on the devices that are connected to my laptop's mobile...
  6. Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot cannot be activated with ethernet: Hi, I'm currently facing the problem that I cannot create a Wifi mobile hotspot while I'm connected with Ethernet (Ethernet to Wifi). I'm using a Lenovo L380 with an ethernet adapter from lenovo since this device has no RJ-45 port. I have absolutely no clue what is causing...
  7. Cannot enable mobile hotspot

Cannot enable mobile hotspot: So I've always used my mobile hotspot but now today there isn't a button for it in the bottom right menu. It's only an airplane mode option(which is not on) So when I go into 'mobile hotspot settings' I try to enable the share my internet connection with other devices but it...
  8. Mobile Hotspot do not reconnect if mobile device goes out of range and comes back

Mobile Hotspot do not reconnect if mobile device goes out of range and comes back: Hello everybody, I usually have my ethernet connected PC sharing its connection through the Mobile Hotspot from Windows 10 to other mobile devices. I must say that this feature is already much better than it used to be about 2 years ago. However I still face a meaningful...
  9. Cannot turn on mobile hotspot

Cannot turn on mobile hotspot: I am unable to turn on the mobile hotspot after the window is updated to window 10 version 1803. I still can turn it on yesterday but now it say we cant set up mobile hotspot. Any solution for this?...
  10. "Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error

"Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error: How can I fix this error? I'm connected through Ethernet cable and my network card supposed to host the wireless network is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265", whose driver is updated to the latest version (20.70.0.5), running on an updated Windows 10 Home x64 v1803...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why wont s10 reconnect wifi mobil hotspot