Windows 10: Cannot recover files from a deleted user account

Discus and support Cannot recover files from a deleted user account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I deleted my original administrator account. I selected the "yes" to keep my files and it said that it will appear as a folder in my desktop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by erachondria, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Cannot recover files from a deleted user account

I deleted my original administrator account. I selected the "yes" to keep my files and it said that it will appear as a folder in my desktop. The laptop screen proceeded to hang for a really long time so I had to restart it because it was almost 30 minutes with the frozen screen. When the laptop restarted, the files weren't there and the original administrator account got deleted already. I didn't create a restore point on my original administrator account. How do I retrieve my files?

:)

erachondria, Jul 25, 2019

2. deleted user account

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you willing to create the Family account again?
    • Are you trying to recover the files of the deleted account?
    If you are trying to recover the deleted account files. Microsoft doesn't have that option of recovering.

Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 25, 2019
  3. How to recover files of deleted Windows 10 User Account?

As what I said, the account was deleted and was not able to backup the files stored in that account. The two options doesn't work in this case. But thanks anyway.

Davy Ann Jean Benitez, Jul 25, 2019
  4. kenkickr Win User

Cannot recover files from a deleted user account

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Cannot recover files from a deleted user account

1. Cannot recover files from a deleted user account - Similar Threads - Cannot recover files

2. Recover files from deleted profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover files from deleted profile: How can I recover the files I had on a device if my account was deleted by the administrator?I had a user profile on a windows 11 device and it was deleted by mistake and now I can't find a way to restore the files I had on it.I have already tried to back up but it does not...
  3. Recover files from deleted profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover files from deleted profile: How can I recover the files I had on a device if my account was deleted by the administrator?I had a user profile on a windows 11 device and it was deleted by mistake and now I can't find a way to restore the files I had on it.I have already tried to back up but it does not...
  4. accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted account. how to recover files ?: So, I made a mistake and mistakenly deleted one of my accounts, which resulted in the loss of some crucial files. Is there any chance I can recover those files? I'm looking for help on this, and I'm open to any suggestions, otherwise I'll have to go on and produce a known...
  5. Cannot recover files from File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot recover files from File History: My last backup using Windows Backup may have run out of disk space. There was no error message, however. Files were set to be kept "forever". That is not needed and I will change that setting in the future. I have done several backups using File History already to this...
  6. Recover deleted user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recover deleted user: I have something similar to post I need to recover a deleted user account... While testing a new script I was writing, I forgot what profile I was in. The script adds a user and I told it to create an account with the name that I was in. There already was one, so I thought...
  7. I need to recover a deleted user account..

I need to recover a deleted user account..: I recently had to pawn my laptop computer to be able to pay my rent, I picked it back up yesterday and noticed that since they assumed I was not going to pick it back up (I was late on the last payment by one day) they deleted my user account, now none of my program files...
  8. Recover files from a deleted user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover files from a deleted user account: I found I needed to delete a user account from my system. Now I'm using an alternate user account (administrator) but I find several files are not complete or not accessible. When I try to open some files I'm told I don't have permission to open this file even though this...
  9. Recovering files from corrupted User Account?

Recovering files from corrupted User Account?: I'm trying to get my in-laws laptop back up and running. It's so painfully slow to boot / load anything, and for some reason the start menu won't even pop up (Though thankfully the run command appears quite quickly with a Win+R!) Every time I log in it says it couldn't log...
  10. Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files

Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files: I deleted the previous user account on a laptop given to me by my friend (Joanne) and changed it to a new name (Serena). This seemed to work and when when I login it is with the new username. However there seems to be contradicting info about user accounts on my pc. The first...