Windows 10: Cannot recover files from File History

Discus and support Cannot recover files from File History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My last backup using Windows Backup may have run out of disk space. There was no error message, however. Files were set to be kept "forever". That is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anthony Mannucci, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Cannot recover files from File History

My last backup using Windows Backup may have run out of disk space. There was no error message, however. Files were set to be kept "forever". That is not needed and I will change that setting in the future. I have done several backups using File History already to this drive.I cannot recover any files from previous backups. When I go to File History from the control panel, and I select "Run now", it states "File History is saving copies of your files for the first time.". I have done several backups using file history, however, so I don't know why it states that. Then it just stops. Nothing ha

:)

Anthony Mannucci, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Jun 5, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Cannot recover files from File History

File History on/off status issues

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you able to access your missing Email files on Web mail?
    2. Which drive was selected to set up your back up on file history?

Probably the files might have been deleted when you perform the cleanup operation.

However, you may try the suggested steps to recover files from file History.

Restore files from File History

You may also refer this

Video link
    for more information regarding restoring files.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Cannot recover files from File History

1. Cannot recover files from File History - Similar Threads - Cannot recover files

2. Cannot delete info from File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete info from File History: Cannot delete info from File History. Said Item not found. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-info-from-file-history/0f9eec05-3b99-4d9e-a591-de2f4cda6c6f
  3. Cannot delete info from File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete info from File History: Cannot delete info from File History. Said Item not found. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-delete-info-from-file-history/0f9eec05-3b99-4d9e-a591-de2f4cda6c6f
  4. Cannot delete info from File History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. File History crashing when attempting to recover files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History crashing when attempting to recover files: Hi,I was messing around with batch and deleted a good chunk of files from my user folder, however I have a file history backup but clicking refresh simply causes it to crash, currently I'm simply copying the saved files from file history, but they have an annoying timestamp...
  6. File History crashing when attempting to recover files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History crashing when attempting to recover files: Hi,I was messing around with batch and deleted a good chunk of files from my user folder, however I have a file history backup but clicking refresh simply causes it to crash, currently I'm simply copying the saved files from file history, but they have an annoying timestamp...
  7. file retrieval from File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file retrieval from File History: After re-building my PC after it crashed I find I cannot retrieve any files backed up onto an external drive using filestore. As I turned on Filestore as part of the recovery operation, the filestore display only allows me to see data backed up since then! What I need to...
  8. File history to recover data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File history to recover data: Just had to reinstall windows which isn't ideal. I had accounted for everything after motherboard change except the need to change my main partition from mbr to gpt.....now I have file history occupying another drive, can I use this to integrate my data back into windows?...
  9. Cannot backup files to file history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot backup files to file history: Hi, I am trying to backup my files to file history for the first time. When I do so, it says that file history is backing up your files for the first time. However, a few minutes later, the backup stops. When I check the settings app, it tells me that my files have not been...
  10. Using File History to recover files from a different machine

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using File History to recover files from a different machine: Hi all, I would assume this should be simple, but I can't figure it out. I had File History turned on an old machine that I'd upgraded to Windows 10. The machine was working fine with File History backing up files to an external storage drive. The machine died recently...