Windows 10: Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

Discus and support Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ThomasH_usually, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change it using the regedit as suggested on one of the other sites: I went to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and created a TaskbarSi key with a value '0' zero what should lead to small icons in the taskbar. To no avail. I also experimented with the value of TaskbarSmallIcons , but this also does not change anything. I rebooted each time after every change, should you ask. Has someone resolved

:)

ThomasH_usually, Feb 25, 2024
  2. sharonVJ Win User

Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

Windows 11 Taskbar icons - how to reduce size to same as Windows 10

• Just updated from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11.
    • The taskbar icons are TWICE the size of the taskbar icons in Windows 10
    • Nothing in settings to reduce the size.
    • Googled and apparently I'm not the only one not happy that the small taskbar icons in Windows 10 have been removed in Windows 11
    • Is Microsoft going to reinstate the small taskbar icons?
    If the small taskbar icons, as in Windows 10, aren't going to be reinstated - Can I roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 Pro (note Windows 10 PRO)?

Thank you.

sharonVJ, Feb 25, 2024
  3. John Fer Win User
    How do I reduce the text size on the desktop

Hi Colin,

We suggest referring to the reply of Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    to help you with your concern. Follow the steps provided on the thread to
    help you reduce the text size for your desktop.

Let us know if you have other concern.

John Fer, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

Windows 10 taskbar icon changes size randomly

Thanks Greg. My bad, I should've stated initially that I'd enabled a quicklaunch tool bar on my taskbar. The icons in the quicklaunch are causing the problem. I've checked the graphics driver and it seems to be updated.

• I'm not using any tweaking software to customize windows. I'd reduced the size of caption buttons in windowsmetrics
    • Scaling is set to 100%, unfortunately I cannot reduce below 100% (this is my need)
    • Taskbar icons set to small size
    Please advise..

Thanks in advance

Prasanth

PRASANTH NARAYANA IYER, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

1. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11 - Similar Threads - Cannot reduce taskbar

2. Reduce Size of Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reduce Size of Drive: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Friend Hey, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11, 23H2 OS. Currently I have 4 Drivers I.e. C, D, F & G { As attached Screenshot}. Currently My F Drive has more Space, hence want to keep 100 GB Space in it & rest Space want to merge with C...
  3. Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11

Cannot reduce taskbar size in W11: The taskbar is humongous, takes precious space on the desktop. Clock and date are shown in two rows, not in one as I used to have it. I tried to change it using the regedit as suggested on one of the other sites: I went to...
  4. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce Font Size: The Dropbox app changed the icon spacing and the general font size. I fixed the icon spacing, but the new font size is huge compared to what it was before installing Dropbox. This makes the applications look terrible. How do I decrease the Windows 10 font size?...
  5. Reduce Font Size

Reduce Font Size: The Dropbox app changed the icon spacing and the general font size. I fixed the icon spacing, but the new font size is huge compared to what it was before installing Dropbox. This makes the applications look terrible. How do I decrease the Windows 10 font size?...
  6. Reduce Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Reduce notifications size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reduce notifications size: Is there a way to make notifications smaller on Windows 10? submitted by /u/slitzzzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf39el/reduce_notifications_size/
  8. Reduce size of text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reduce size of text: How do I reduce size of text before printing. HP ENVY 4502 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-size-of-text/b19a922f-8742-4553-9b3f-9caa49fe2543
  9. Reducing Scan Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reducing Scan Size: I trying to reduce the size of a picture to scan in my Brother MFC-440CN. Anyone know how to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reducing-scan-size/8a103d33-d6f4-4e23-960f-3dd8ea8c3a34
  10. I CANNOT REDUCE PAGE SIZE

in Windows 10 Customization
    I CANNOT REDUCE PAGE SIZE: HI, On booting up today I find that all screens are full-size. I cannot reduce a screen from full-size. Only the delete screen icon appears on the top right corner. Also the icons have disappeared from the bottom left of the task bar. Also most of the icons have...