Windows 10: Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210

Discus and support Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Any help?I can't find any answers to this anywhere on the web.Somehow, Windows has defaulted to a minimum width of 210 pixels for EVERY column in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TechArrrrrg, May 13, 2021.

1. Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210

Any help?I can't find any answers to this anywhere on the web.Somehow, Windows has defaulted to a minimum width of 210 pixels for EVERY column in Windows Explorer, and I cannot go any lower!My Status column, Size column, etc, are enormous, and I cannot make them any smaller???"Size All Columns to Fit" should make these smaller, no?Same with the Details pane - I should be able to modify it there to say... 12 pixels. No dice!

:)

TechArrrrrg, May 13, 2021

2. Column Width in List View in File Explorer

I went through all of the above steps, but sadly this doesn't work when viewing folders in *list* view. Any idea how to adjust the column widths there?

Up until a couple of months ago the column widths were always simply equal to the longest name in the column or the longest name in the folder. Now there is a couple of extra centimetres in there for no discernible reason.

RichLehmann, May 13, 2021
  3. Is it possible to reduce the column width to less than 80 pixels in Windows Explorer?

Is it possible to reduce the column width to less than 80 pixels in Windows Explorer in W10?

And before we proceed, YES, I know how to choose the different columns and
    YES, I know there are alternative views but I want to show a lot of columns in detail format and a lot of space is wasted as I cannot reduce the size of the columns below 80 pixels. Is there a registry tweak or something that can override this
    stupid restriction?

BigStevie1973, May 13, 2021
  4. Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210

With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

I have some files with very long names, and I always want to see the file extensions as well as the names. In the default Windows File Explorer, the first column listing the names of the files is too narrow for some of my file names with extensions. I
    can drag the right margin of the first column to the right and fix that, but the next time I open File Explorer, I have to do it again. I would like to set the column widths and have that be the default thereafter.

Lewis D. Eigen, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210

1. Cannot Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 210 - Similar Threads - Cannot Reduce Explorer

2. In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?: I have Windows 11 v. 10.0.22361 Family, French-language. Hopefully my column names are correctly translated.On my Surface Pro X, more often than not I can't reduce de size of any column in Explorer, save the File Name. Any adjustments I try to make to best guess for names:...
  3. In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows 11, how can I reduce Explorer's columns to less than 170 pixels?: I have Windows 11 v. 10.0.22361 Family, French-language. Hopefully my column names are correctly translated.On my Surface Pro X, more often than not I can't reduce de size of any column in Explorer, save the File Name. Any adjustments I try to make to best guess for names:...
  4. Unable to Reduce Windows 11 Explorer Column Widths to Less than 140

Unable to Reduce Windows 11 Explorer Column Widths to Less than 140: In Windows 11 Explorer, I can't make a column width less than 140 pixels. I’ve tried moving the mouse to the column border, then trying to drag that right border, but can't make it smaller, just larger. I’ve also tried right clicking the column header name, then clicking...
  5. Unable to Reduce Windows 11 Explorer Column Widths to Less than 140

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reduce Windows 11 Explorer Column Widths to Less than 140: In Windows 11 Explorer, I can't make a column width less than 140 pixels. I’ve tried moving the mouse to the column border, then trying to drag that right border, but can't make it smaller, just larger. I’ve also tried right clicking the column header name, then clicking...
  6. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 750 pixels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 750 pixels: If i create a new folder and edit the columns that I want to show, all columns are set to 750 pixels. I can expand them, but I can't go below that minimum. In preexisting folders where I have previously set the column with to some less than this and I attempt to readjust the...
  7. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 750 pixels

Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 750 pixels: If i create a new folder and edit the columns that I want to show, all columns are set to 750 pixels. I can expand them, but I can't go below that minimum. In preexisting folders where I have previously set the column with to some less than this and I attempt to readjust the...
  8. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285: I'm using Windows 11 21H2, OS Build 22000.434. Since upgrading to Windows 11, I am seeing a problem using Windows File Explorer. Column widths are now set at 285 pixels regardless of what I want to do for settings. This can be irritating when using the details view with more...
  9. Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285

Unable to Reduce Windows Explorer Column Widths to Less than 285: I'm using Windows 11 21H2, OS Build 22000.434. Since upgrading to Windows 11, I am seeing a problem using Windows File Explorer. Column widths are now set at 285 pixels regardless of what I want to do for settings. This can be irritating when using the details view with more...
  10. File Explorer Template Column Width

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Template Column Width: How do I change the Documents, Pictures, Music, and View templates? The existing templates are not particularly useful for those of us who use full-size monitors instead of cell phones. For example, the "Name" column in the Documents template is too narrow to be useful on...