Windows 10: Cannot register yubikey 5

Discus and support Cannot register yubikey 5 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Cannot register yubikey5 in Microsoft account, message says cannot register this key.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NormPeterson, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Cannot register yubikey 5

Cannot register yubikey5 in Microsoft account, message says cannot register this key.

:)

NormPeterson, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Yubikey login support

Hi,

Log in issues can be caused by invalid password or username. For us to assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried using Yubikey before?

We're looking forward for your response.

Rose Cal, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 5, 2019
  4. lat227 Win User

Cannot register yubikey 5

Yubikey Two-Factor Authentication

Hi....I just purchased a " Yubikey " to use with the password manager
    LastPass and it works very well as a two-factor authentication. I sign on to my PC with my Microsoft account and would like to use the Yubikey as a two-factor there also. I can't seem to find a procedure at Microsoft that explains
    how to set this up correctly. The last thing I want to do is lock myself out of my PC.

I need to know ;

(1) The procedure to setup a Yubikey with a Microsoft account.

(2) Will the Yubikey work OK on any PC that I may sign onto with my Microsoft account. I have several PC's i often sign into .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.....Larry

lat227, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Cannot register yubikey 5

1. Cannot register yubikey 5 - Similar Threads - Cannot register yubikey

2. Login to Windows with a YubiKey 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login to Windows with a YubiKey 5: Hello,I've been trying to setup my computer to work with a YubiKey 5 for login. All of the guides that I've seen only apply to either a local windows account not MSA, AD, or AAD or to businesses with AD/AAD. I'm on a personal computer, with a Windows 11 Home license, and want...
  3. Login to Windows with a YubiKey 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login to Windows with a YubiKey 5: Hello,I've been trying to setup my computer to work with a YubiKey 5 for login. All of the guides that I've seen only apply to either a local windows account not MSA, AD, or AAD or to businesses with AD/AAD. I'm on a personal computer, with a Windows 11 Home license, and want...
  4. Yubikey 5 and certreq

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yubikey 5 and certreq: I'm trying to use bitlocker with a yubikey 5 NFC. I installed the yubikey minidriver and followed this tutorial. When I try to create the blcert using certreq –new blcert.txt. Unfortunately I get the error "The smart card cannot perform the requested operation [...]". When I...
  5. Yubikey 5 and certreq

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yubikey 5 and certreq: I'm trying to use bitlocker with a yubikey 5 NFC. I installed the yubikey minidriver and followed this tutorial. When I try to create the blcert using certreq –new blcert.txt. Unfortunately I get the error "The smart card cannot perform the requested operation [...]". When I...
  6. Windows Hello face recognition + Yubikey 5

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello face recognition + Yubikey 5: Please add the possibility to use face recognition with a Yubikey 5 in true 2FA configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recognition-yubikey-5/972a1e97-8127-4c11-8fd2-78f711544a2f
  7. Unable to register my Yubikey in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to register my Yubikey in my microsoft account: Hi, I have been trying to register my security key Yubikey 5 nano as per the instructions on Learn more about signing in with Windows Hello or a security key. I am using Chrome on a mac. It seems it's not possible with Firefox or Safari. When trying to add the key, I have...
  8. Cannot register yubikey 5 - key cannot be registered

Cannot register yubikey 5 - key cannot be registered: Cannot register yubikey5 in Microsoft account, message says cannot register this key. ***Original Title: Cannot register yubikey 5*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-register-yubikey-5-key-cannot-be-registered/f29d9401-b24c-4be1-9458-1201fd8dcfbf"
  9. yubikey

yubikey: Ok, let's hear your experiences with yubikey... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yubikey/938fb49e-b820-48de-85da-5adc964b9938"
  10. yubikey

yubikey: Cannot sign into any Microsoft accounts using yubikey5...keeps saying "cannot use this key, try another" and when prompted for password/pin, says invalid pin. Followed the set up instructions...What now...dump Microsoft and migrate over to Linux mint?(where yubikey works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yubikey cannot register microsoft account