Windows 10: Cannot reinstall after reset

Discus and support Cannot reinstall after reset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I reset my pc but when i try to go through windows setup after booting from a usb drive it lets me get to the drive selection screen but then gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/windowssux, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Cannot reinstall after reset

I reset my pc but when i try to go through windows setup after booting from a usb drive it lets me get to the drive selection screen but then gives me a bunch of errors. One of the errors was 0x80300024 i googled this and it said to restart the process with all drives unplugged minus the drive i was going to use. I tried this and got another error which i dont particularly remember. I have 2 drives, 1 kingston 120gb ssd which was bought and installed a month or two ago by me and my hdd which has been in my pc around 4 years.

If anybody has any advice or ways i can fix this problem please help i need my pc for college! Thanks

submitted by /u/windowssux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/windowssux, Oct 10, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot reinstall after reset :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Reset / Reinstall Failue

Thanks Robert, I'm afraid that didn't work. I followed the instructions however when I followed the final step the update failed, said, cannot as another update is already in progress. Using any of the reset/reinstall methods still result in the same error.
    Also, one more to add to the list, PMP detected fatal error, hoever the other two are more frequent.

davidjisaacs, Oct 10, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Cannot reinstall after reset

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Cannot reinstall after reset

1. Cannot reinstall after reset - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall reset

2. Reinstall Minecraft after system reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstall Minecraft after system reset: I was recently forced to do a system reset on my laptop, and want to reinstall Bedrock Minecraft. The Microsoft Store show I own the Minecraft Launcher, but doesn't show I own Minecraft. I have my redemption code still, so how do I reinstall Minecraft without having to re-pay...
  3. Reinstall Minecraft after system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Minecraft after system reset: I was recently forced to do a system reset on my laptop, and want to reinstall Bedrock Minecraft. The Microsoft Store show I own the Minecraft Launcher, but doesn't show I own Minecraft. I have my redemption code still, so how do I reinstall Minecraft without having to re-pay...
  4. Reinstall Minecraft after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reinstalling apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling apps after windows reset: (I literally don’t know where to post, and if this is not the right place someone please tell me what is) I’ve been thinking of factory resetting my pc back to all the original settings but the only thing is downloading everything individually is going to be a pain in the...
  6. Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings: I've been trying to get Halo Infinite Gamepass not Steam to launch without crashing in the menus and I came across a forum that said to reset it in the apps section of Windows Settings. It then said to hit the install button and it would reinstall quickly because everything...
  7. Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings: I've been trying to get Halo Infinite Gamepass not Steam to launch without crashing in the menus and I came across a forum that said to reset it in the apps section of Windows Settings. It then said to hit the install button and it would reinstall quickly because everything...
  8. Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.: Whenever i try to reinstall windows with the windows media tool, or reset using the built in system, it always encountered an error and starts to undo the changes made. how can i fix this so i can reset my pc? Edit: Specs- gtx 1070ti core i7 7700k 32gb corsair vengeance ram...
  9. Laptop / notebook cannot reinstall Windows after the reset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop / notebook cannot reinstall Windows after the reset?: Hello, I reset my laptop ( Toshiba Satellite C70D-B-10X ) today. But now I always get the error message that the Windows installation could not be completed and I have to restart the laptop. I did this 5 times already and every time I got the error message again. Does...
  10. Reinstall Apps After Resetting The Computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Apps After Resetting The Computer.: how do i reinstall apps removed while resetting my PC, app name Public ***Changed Original Title From: how do i reinstall apps removed while resetting my PC,app bame Public***...