Windows 10: Cannot reinstall an app from Microsoft store

Discus and support Cannot reinstall an app from Microsoft store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I cannot download & install the app, “Notepad For Windows 10?” I did once have Notepad For Windows 10 on my PC, but I had uninstalled the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DaveClinton, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Cannot reinstall an app from Microsoft store

Hi. I cannot download & install the app, “Notepad For Windows 10?” I did once have Notepad For Windows 10 on my PC, but I had uninstalled the app several months back. Now that I would like to have this app back onto my PC when I go to the Microsoft Store to try to download/install this app nothing happens. In the Microsoft Store, under “Notepad For Windows 10” it says that I owned the app. Yet, as I said I had uninstalled the app months ago & now I’m unable to retrieve the app back onto my PC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

:)

DaveClinton, Feb 16, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Feb 16, 2020
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 16, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Cannot reinstall an app from Microsoft store

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Cannot reinstall an app from Microsoft store

1. Cannot reinstall an app from Microsoft store - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall app

2. Cannot install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install apps from Microsoft Store: cannot install any new apps from the Microsoft Store! Getting the following error message:I already tried resetting, re-installing the store, clearing app cache, running the troubleshooter, etc - same issuecan anyone offer further advice??Thanks...
  3. Cannot install apps from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install apps from Microsoft Store: cannot install any new apps from the Microsoft Store! Getting the following error message:I already tried resetting, re-installing the store, clearing app cache, running the troubleshooter, etc - same issuecan anyone offer further advice??Thanks...
  4. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.: I used whatsapp beta windows app, then it was crashed while an update. and i uninstall the app and, try to reinstall it. but microsoft store shows me that the app is already have on my PC. It shows a msg on the screen "You Own This App". The Screenshot of the Microsoft store...
  5. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.: I used whatsapp beta windows app, then it was crashed while an update. and i uninstall the app and, try to reinstall it. but microsoft store shows me that the app is already have on my PC. It shows a msg on the screen "You Own This App". The Screenshot of the Microsoft store...
  6. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. I cannot reinstall microsoft store

I cannot reinstall microsoft store: So it would take a very long time to find app license something like that and apps wouldnt download so I decided to reinstall Microsoft store, I used windows powershell to delete the store and used a command to reinstall it but all it says is Deployment operation progress:...
  8. Cannot download app from Microsoft Store

Cannot download app from Microsoft Store: I have an Acer Aspire 5560 laptop computer dating from 2011 It is running Windows 10 Home, which was upgraded to version 2004 yesterday. Microsoft says the OS Build: 10.0.1.19041.388. The laptop is reported as follows: RAM: 3GB System Type: OSType64BitX64 Processor: AMD...
  9. Reinstall Microsoft Store App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Microsoft Store App: How Can I reinstall Microsoft Store App on my windows10 as I made reset for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-microsoft-store-app/a1fefeee-f585-48bc-88f3-3a7ded665074
  10. Cannot reinstall Microsoft Photos App from Store

Cannot reinstall Microsoft Photos App from Store: Microsoft Photos will not install. Photos would not call Maps from a photo file information. I reset Photos using Advanced Settings. The Photos App now shows on the Programmes and Apps list Start menu, but is not in the Apps list in the Settings list Apps&Features so it...