Windows 10: Cannot reinstall DirectX

Discus and support Cannot reinstall DirectX in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Office 365 about a week ago and have had many problems with Windows ever since. I uninstalled today and am trying to fix the broken stuff.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by infael, Dec 21, 2018.

1. infael Win User

Cannot reinstall DirectX

I installed Office 365 about a week ago and have had many problems with Windows ever since. I uninstalled today and am trying to fix the broken stuff.

Installing DirectX fails and there is no dxerror.log in C:\windows

error is:

An internal system error ocurred.

Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your Windows

folder to determine problem,

:)

infael, Dec 21, 2018

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Applications using Directx stopped working.

Hi,

Seems that you're done with some troubleshooting steps like uninstalling the game, reinstalling DirectX and updating the drivers for your Ibuypower WA563R7 running Windows 10 computer. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps
    provided below. If you're done with the first one, you may proceed to the other possible solution:

• Install the previous version of DirectX - To do that, you can download the installer from this
      link.
    • Reinstall your graphic card drivers. - To do so, follow these steps:
    • Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager.
    • Go to Display Adapters and locate graphic driver.
    • Right click the driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Check Remove the driver software for this device and click
      OK
    • Restart your computer once you're done uninstalling the driver.
    • When computer restarts, go to graphic card manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your graphic card.
    • Install the downloaded drivers.
    3. Reinstall one of the previous updates. - Some installed updates can cause issues with DirectX. if that's the case, you might have to uninstall those updates.

Do update us with the results.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Cannot reinstall DirectX

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Cannot reinstall DirectX

1. Cannot reinstall DirectX - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall DirectX

2. Directx 11 on windows 7 cannot be uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx 11 on windows 7 cannot be uninstalled?: How the **** is this still a thing? Why can't I just uninstall the damn thing and install DirectX 9 for example, for older games the backwards compatibility really works backwards and doesn't give any specifics why it can't run Sims 2 for example. This is mind boggling that a...
  3. Directx 11 on windows 7 cannot be uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 11 on windows 7 cannot be uninstalled?: How the **** is this still a thing? Why can't I just uninstall the damn thing and install DirectX 9 for example, for older games the backwards compatibility really works backwards and doesn't give any specifics why it can't run Sims 2 for example. This is mind boggling that a...
  4. Cannot install DirectX 9.0c 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install DirectX 9.0c 0xc000007b: Hi,I've been having an issue for a long time regarding DirectX, for some reason I cannot install older versions of DirectX. Newer games are not an issue but unfortunately games like Fallout 3, Witcher 3 and a few others refuse to open coming up with an error;-The application...
  5. Cannot install DirectX 9.0c 0xc000007b

Cannot install DirectX 9.0c 0xc000007b: Hi,I've been having an issue for a long time regarding DirectX, for some reason I cannot install older versions of DirectX. Newer games are not an issue but unfortunately games like Fallout 3, Witcher 3 and a few others refuse to open coming up with an error;-The application...
  6. Reinstalling DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reinstalling DirectX 12: After I tried reinstalling DirectX 12 to may laptop an error suddenly appeared "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log or DirectX.log in your Windows folder to determine the problem". Upon checking the DirectX.log file at the bottom of the log I...
  7. Cannot play Cod Warzone with DirectX 12 ??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot play Cod Warzone with DirectX 12 ??: I cannot play Cod Warzone, it is show that "The game couldn't start because your operating system does not support DirectX 12". How can I fix this issue ??...
  8. I have DirectX 12, but cannot install games that need Directx 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have DirectX 12, but cannot install games that need Directx 10: Hello, I have DirectX 12 installed, however, I am unable to install games that need DirectX 10. Relevant screenshots are attached. I would appreciate any help. Thanks The Game I am trying to Install [ATTACH] Microsoft Store shows these are the requirements for the...
  9. Cannot Install Directx

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Install Directx: Hi, I've been trying to install Directx onto my computer, and haven't had much success. I get an error message that says 'An internal system error occured.' I used the online Directx installer. My Windows is Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.316) Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash)

Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash): I'm not even sure where to post this given that it spans a few topics, so here it is: I believe I need to reinstall direct X on windows 10. When my screensaver is supposed to run (which I previously had no problems with) it tells me that either (I hve gotten 2...