Windows 10: Cannot reinstall Microsoft Office after Crash

Discus and support Cannot reinstall Microsoft Office after Crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop crashed recently and I had to regenerate my Windows 10 system. However, when I went to reinstall my Microsoft Office, I was unable. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jnmturner, Aug 27, 2020.

1. jnmturner Win User

Cannot reinstall Microsoft Office after Crash

Hi,
    My laptop crashed recently and I had to regenerate my Windows 10 system.

However, when I went to reinstall my Microsoft Office, I was unable.

I do have a Windows.old directory which holds the office data.

I did not register the version of office i had and I did not note the Product number.

Is there any way I can reinstall my version of Office.

Thanks.
    John T.

:)

jnmturner, Aug 27, 2020
  2. //mAr Win User

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, Aug 27, 2020
  3. The computer crashes when accessing Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Hi Indu,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Does the system crashes only when accessing Microsoft Office product?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access Microsoft Office products?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Which version of Microsoft Office have you installed on your device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the System maintenance troubleshooter
    and check if it helps.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Press Windows
    key and type Troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting and hit
    Enter.

Click on View all in the left pane of the window.

Select System Maintenance.

Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

If the issue persists only when accessing the Microsoft Office products, I suggest you to contact the below forums as we have a dedicated team to assist you better with this issue.

Microsoft Office Forums

Select the right category to post a query.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2020
  4. DonnaMac1 Win User

reinstalling microsoft office home and student 2016

My laptop crashed and I had to wipe it clear and reinstall Windows 10, I had purchased office home and student 2016 and in the Microsoft store it lists that this program is installed on my laptop, but I can not reinstall the program now.

I do not need the upgraded office product and would just like to reinstall my program

any help would be appreciated thxs

DonnaMac1, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot reinstall Microsoft Office after Crash - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall Microsoft

2. Will Office be deleted from Microsoft account after Windows reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Office be deleted from Microsoft account after Windows reinstallation?: I have recently bought a laptop that came with Windows 11 Home Single Language pre-installed. It also came with free Office 2021 Home & Student that I have activated it with my Microsoft account. I also want to change the Windows' version to the regular Home version by...
  3. Will Office be deleted from Microsoft account after Windows reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Office be deleted from Microsoft account after Windows reinstallation?: I have recently bought a laptop that came with Windows 11 Home Single Language pre-installed. It also came with free Office 2021 Home & Student that I have activated it with my Microsoft account. I also want to change the Windows' version to the regular Home version by...
  4. Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Microsoft Office 2016: Hi, I have a laptop and I'm planning to replace my old ssd with a new one and I will reinstall windows 10. Do i need to uninstall my Microsoft Office 2016 before reinstalling windows 10? NOTE: I'm using one-off payment Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 Thank you in...
  5. Reinstallation of Microsoft Office after Clean Install of Windows 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reinstallation of Microsoft Office after Clean Install of Windows 10: I had Microsoft Office Professional 2013 installed from a purchased CD on my laptop. While Clean Install of Windows 10, version 2004 it has been deleted. I have misplaced the CD and don't remember the Product Key. Is there any way to reinstall it ? 165184
  6. Cannot reinstall Microsoft Office after Crash

Cannot reinstall Microsoft Office after Crash: Hi, My laptop crashed recently and I had to regenerate my Windows 10 system. However, when I went to reinstall my Microsoft Office, I was unable. I do have a Windows.old directory which holds the office data. I did not register the version of office i had and I did not...
  7. reinstalling microsoft office

reinstalling microsoft office: hi, I have uninstalled Microsoft office, How can I reinstall Microsoft office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-microsoft-office/a1350ef2-7ede-4cf8-9a6f-67a6d5041999
  8. Reinstalling Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling Office: The PC I had loaded my Office on has died!! So I am trying to load it on this new PC but it tells my the product Key has already been used. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-office/a0f0c724-1070-4461-b2d0-3996aea63ed7"
  9. Microsoft office crashing

Microsoft office crashing: Everytime I open Word, Excel or powerpoint to save something or create something, the program closes immediately. I have performed a system restore and modified the apps (Windows 10) and still no luck. What should I do?...
  10. how to reinstall Office 2016 after win10 reinstall?

how to reinstall Office 2016 after win10 reinstall?: I bought Office 2016 months ago, but due to windows update failure I had to reinstall win10 thereby losing Office 2016. Can someone point me to a contact? I bought Office 2010 online from MS. TIA 49389