Windows 10: Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it

Discus and support Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I uninstalled netflix and now when I go into the windows store, it shows that I "own" the app, and wont let me reinstall it, showing an error every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Reyhart, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Reyhart Win User

Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it

I uninstalled netflix and now when I go into the windows store, it shows that I "own" the app, and wont let me reinstall it, showing an error every time I try to do it. Please help. Tried everything that was posted here as solutions, but didnt work

:)

Reyhart, Jun 7, 2020

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Uninstalling Netflix

I have a white square "ghost" icon remnant from uninstalling Netflix.

It was a pre-install with a new pc through windows 10.

It may have failed to uninstall properly.

Clicking it re-installs Netflix as another app in the list.

Re-installing and uninstalling still leaves a ghost icon (white square).

Can't find it in the start menu programs list, others are there, but not that one.

Did a search for Netflix, but...how do I get SYSTEM privileges to delete Netflix app files that won't uninstall with ADMINISTRATOR privileges?

Why does a non-OS app have the ability not to be deleted by the user?

Thanks

Robert NJackson, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it

Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it

1. Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall netflix

2. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling: This is my first time making a post and it is my last-ditch effort to try and resolve the issue on my own instead of having to bring my entire PC to a repair shop. So what happened is this: I have not used Bluetooth on my PC for quite a long time, and my PC is a custom one I...
  3. Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings: I've been trying to get Halo Infinite Gamepass not Steam to launch without crashing in the menus and I came across a forum that said to reset it in the apps section of Windows Settings. It then said to hit the install button and it would reinstall quickly because everything...
  4. Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings: I've been trying to get Halo Infinite Gamepass not Steam to launch without crashing in the menus and I came across a forum that said to reset it in the apps section of Windows Settings. It then said to hit the install button and it would reinstall quickly because everything...
  5. Netflix app was uninstalled and cannot re-install it through Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix app was uninstalled and cannot re-install it through Microsoft Store: Netflix App was not working properly no volume, slow motion and stopped. I uninstalled the app and when trying to re-install it, it says that I own the app. However, after choosing PC or my desktop, and pressing the install button, it just does not take, nor does it...
  6. how to reinstall a netflix app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to reinstall a netflix app: I have trouble reinstalling my Netflix app. Does anyone know how to do this because nobody seems to know! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-a-netflix-app/3c475d83-01e6-4a60-81b1-667b83b1fd4b
  7. Cannot Install Netflix

Cannot Install Netflix: I cannot install Netflix from the microsoft store on my windows 10 pc. Every time I click the "get" button nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-netflix/8b8f45ab-d809-4383-8e07-f6e27c2117d0
  8. Uninstalled Bluetooth driver and cannot reinstall.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled Bluetooth driver and cannot reinstall.: Hey all, Windows version: 1903 (Build 18362.418) So today I made a mistake and uninstalled, not disabled, my bluetooth driver from Device manager. No matter what I try, the driver will not come back. I have tried "showing hidden items" in device manager, downloading the...
  9. Weird problem after uninstalling Netflix from laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird problem after uninstalling Netflix from laptop: So... I had this really weird problem on my laptop. A few days ago, I decided to uninstall the Netflix app from my laptop in order to cut down on screen time. However, after I did this, all the audio on my computer took on an awful quality. There were blips and popping...
  10. Cannot get NetFlix

Cannot get NetFlix: Since installing Windows 10 I cannot watch movies on Netflix. I can access the Netflix website, however, when I click on the show I was watching I get an error message. I know it's not the Netflix website because I can watch the movies on my other computer. Any...