Windows 10: Cannot reinstall PowerToys

Discus and support Cannot reinstall PowerToys in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I had to uninstall Power Toys; I went so far as to delete all the Power Toys files on my system. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RogerBlair1, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Cannot reinstall PowerToys

I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I had to uninstall Power Toys; I went so far as to delete all the Power Toys files on my system. I tried downloading the GitHub installer, but when I ran it, I got a message that PowerToys was already installed. It does not appear in my apps list. When I tried installing PowerToys from the Microsoft Store, the installation failed with the error "0x8A150006". I've run sfc which fixed some file corruption and dism and rebooted, but I still get the same problem. I've even reinstalled the OS, but I still can't install Power Toys. What could be wrong, and

:)

RogerBlair1, Dec 4, 2023

2. I am not able to uninstall PowerToys from my system.

Hello Kevin

I installed PowerToys via Microsoft Store. There are other ways and more information listed here, out of which I chose Microsoft Store.

However, whenever I try to uninstall it, it leads me to the Control Panel, which, as I said earlier, doesn't show PowerToys in its list. I am confused because I tried these same steps on my other Microsoft Store applications, and your steps seem to be perfectly applicable to these applications.

AnonymousFYIFYI_107, Dec 4, 2023
  3. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be found. All the install files for PowerToys are in the following folder on my PC:

C:\Users\Aiken\AppData\Local\Microsoft\PowerToys\Updates

BUT --- the .msi file for that release is not there. I cannot find it anywhere, so I don't know what happened to it. I downloaded a copy of that older release and tried to install it, but I received a message saying that a newer version was already installed.

Can anyone help?

I can't use the PowerToys features. I can't install the new release, I cannot uninstall the current version on my PC. I seem to be stuck.

Thanks much.

Aiken4Moore, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot reinstall PowerToys

New Microsoft PowerToys version 0.23.2 released for Windows 10

Source: Releases . microsoft/PowerToys . GitHub

How to Download and Install Microsoft PowerToys in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Cannot reinstall PowerToys

1. Cannot reinstall PowerToys - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall PowerToys

2. Cannot reinstall PowerToys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reinstall PowerToys: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I had to uninstall Power Toys; I went so far as to delete all the Power Toys files on my system. I tried downloading the GitHub installer, but when I ran it, I got a message that PowerToys was already installed. It does not appear in my...
  3. Cannot reinstall PowerToys

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot reinstall PowerToys: I run Windows 10 Pro on a Dell laptop. I had to uninstall Power Toys; I went so far as to delete all the Power Toys files on my system. I tried downloading the GitHub installer, but when I ran it, I got a message that PowerToys was already installed. It does not appear in my...
  4. Powertoys rename

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powertoys rename: Hi, I am new to powertools for windows 10. I am trying to rename multiple files at the same time. I could rename multiple files matching a single condition. For example any file names with ñ I can replace with n. However, I need to replace ñ with n, ú with u and so on. I can...
  5. Powertoys rename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powertoys rename: Hi, I am new to powertools for windows 10. I am trying to rename multiple files at the same time. I could rename multiple files matching a single condition. For example any file names with ñ I can replace with n. However, I need to replace ñ with n, ú with u and so on. I can...
  6. Powertoys rename

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall: My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be...
  8. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall: My install for PowerToys got messed up somehow. I can't use it, and I cannot uninstall it to reinstall it. I currently have release v0.51.1. I am trying to install release v0.56.2. When I try to do that, I get a message saying that PowerToysSetup-0.49.1-x64.msi cannot be...
  9. PowerToys - Need help for Uninstall/Reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. powertoys for win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    powertoys for win10: Hello --- where can I post a question about powertoys for win10 -- does anyone know if support for 32bit win10 has been dropped? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powertoys-for-win10/70bd41f3-20b0-4208-b6f2-e626dd7bbcf2