Windows 10: Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode

Discus and support Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Brief Summary of Issue: Windows 10 has corrupted store apps, apps open then close instantly and UAC is turned on. Normal Mode: Cannot fix packages as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ExpertStranger, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode

Brief Summary of Issue: Windows 10 has corrupted store apps, apps open then close instantly and UAC is turned on.

Normal Mode: Cannot fix packages as they are running e.g Xbox but cannot kill process or even find process as hidden/locked

Safe Mode: Cannot start the Get-AppxPackage service in safe mode.

**COMMAND USED**

Get-AppXPackage -allusers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$ $_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

My question is why does this have to be so hard to reinstall Microsoft Store Applications ?

From what I can see the Official fix is essentially blowing away the profile and starting again.

:)

ExpertStranger, Mar 1, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Mar 1, 2020
  4. lx07 Win User

Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode

Can't start individual programs in safe mode

The next step would be to download Autoruns for Windows from Microsoft.

It will tell you everything that starts automatically (but you can subset by drivers, log-on items etc by picking the relevant tab).

Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps  Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode [​IMG]

The most obvious thing to do would be to go to Everything and then on the Options tab tick Hide Microsoft Entries

Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps  Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode [​IMG]

You can then turn things off and on from there.

lx07, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode

1. Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode - Similar Threads - Cannot Reinstall Apps

2. cannot use AppxPackage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot use AppxPackage: when I use This Command " Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} "To Install Microsoft Store The Following Error Is Shown Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path...
  3. Windows Backup says "This service cannot be started in safe mode"

Windows Backup says "This service cannot be started in safe mode": Windows Backup says "This service cannot be started in safe mode" but I'm not in safe mode I want to keep a back up of my files but windows won't let me and I'm not in safe mode. [ATTACH]...
  4. Cannot login, cannot get to safe mode

Cannot login, cannot get to safe mode: When I booted my Windows 10 laptop this morning it went into a disk repair mode. Since then I cannot login. I get to the login screen, type in my password, and the little dots just spin. I've tried multiple ways to get to boot in safe mode or to get to repair mode and each...
  5. cannot get out of windows safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot get out of windows safe mode: pressed the get button nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-windows-safe-mode/ee25ffc3-49e3-4ab4-8208-221cb9bef4ec
  6. Cannot exit Safe Mode Start screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot exit Safe Mode Start screen: In trying to get the latest Win 10 update to stop plaguing me and just load I followed a post that suggested something in Safe Mode. The post did not mention the fact that there is a ridiculous problem where I can get stuck in (un)Safe Mode Hell. This is where you land on the...
  7. Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode: Hello, i recently turned my pc on and the internet icon was gone. I searched it in se4vices.msc and tried to turn DHCP Client on and after starting the service I just got the alert: "Windows could not start the DHCP Client service on Local Computer. ERROR 1084: This service...
  8. Cannot reboot to get to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reboot to get to safe mode: Need to reboot to open safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/cannot-reboot-to-get-to-safe-mode/daf5089b-968f-4cbd-94ea-75a03076d82f
  9. Cannot get out of Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get out of Safe Mode: I was having difficulty with flashing and went into safe mode to try to figure out which program was causing it but now whenever I reboot I am still in Safe Mode. 18939
  10. Cannot get into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get into safe mode: Hey everyone, I'm trying to get into safe mode as a last resort for solving a 'boot to black screen' problem, but it's been impossible for 7 hours of attempts now. I can't login--I can't even get past the blinking cursor screen (it just goes black infinitely), so only...