Windows 10: Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.

Discus and support Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever i try to reinstall windows with the windows media tool, or reset using the built in system, it always encountered an error and starts to undo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mimicrl, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.

Whenever i try to reinstall windows with the windows media tool, or reset using the built in system, it always encountered an error and starts to undo the changes made. how can i fix this so i can reset my pc?

Edit: Specs- gtx 1070ti core i7 7700k 32gb corsair vengeance ram

submitted by /u/mimicrl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mimicrl, Sep 4, 2020

2. UNABLE TO REINSTALL OR RESET THE PC

Hi Abijeet,

When troubleshooting, answering these few basic questions can help isolate the issue:

• May we know why you reset your PC?
    • Are you on an Insider build?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • When do you get the error message?
    • Are you able to go to the desktop before getting the error message?
    • Have you tested running your Windows on Safe Mode?

To start your PC in Safe Mode, follow the simple steps in this link.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Jezhel Uga, Sep 4, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 4, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.

1. Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc. - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall reset

2. Cannot reset Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset Windows PC: Hello everyone, I cannot reset my Windows PC and need help.Here is the .log I got from my latest attempt, I have to put it in a G.Drive otherwise pasting the .log makes the page crash... sorry about that.Please do let me know if you need any more details...
  3. Cannot reset Windows PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reset Windows PC: Hello everyone, I cannot reset my Windows PC and need help.Here is the .log I got from my latest attempt, I have to put it in a G.Drive otherwise pasting the .log makes the page crash... sorry about that.Please do let me know if you need any more details...
  4. Cannot reset Windows PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot reset pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset pc: I’ve tried many things to reset my pc. It says recovery environment not found and it also doesn’t let me create a recovery drive. I’ve searched multiple videos and nothing seems to work. Like I’ve literally tried everything and I still cannot seem to find the problem. Any...
  6. Cannot reset pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reset pc: I’ve tried many things to reset my pc. It says recovery environment not found and it also doesn’t let me create a recovery drive. I’ve searched multiple videos and nothing seems to work. Like I’ve literally tried everything and I still cannot seem to find the problem. Any...
  7. Cannot reset pc

8. Cannot reinstall after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reinstall after reset: I reset my pc but when i try to go through windows setup after booting from a usb drive it lets me get to the drive selection screen but then gives me a bunch of errors. One of the errors was 0x80300024 i googled this and it said to restart the process with all drives...
  9. Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows: Going forward I intend to use Reset PC. Ive used it before but its been a while. The tutorial on here shows that Reset PC now has a new cloud download option which wasn't available then. I always used to use Reset PC and it just did a local reinstall. I selected Remove...
  10. Cannot reset pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot reset pc: Well,basically one day i needed help to improve frames per second in games,and someone said delete system32 folder,i couldnt do that but i could delete some files in there,so i did it and my computer is now currently messed up.It doesnt let me reset pc from scratch,i cant...