Windows 10: Cannot relocate "Picture" folder to original place

Discus and support Cannot relocate "Picture" folder to original place in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i wanted to move my Picture folder from C to D drive but i accidentally didn't specify a folder and i relocated to the D drive itself and when i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RemoteHun, Jul 20, 2021.

1. RemoteHun Win User

Cannot relocate "Picture" folder to original place

So i wanted to move my Picture folder from C to D drive but i accidentally didn't specify a folder and i relocated to the D drive itself and when i try to revert back to default it give me this error: translated it says: Cannot relocate folder here Failed to create the D:\found.000 libary normal sub-libaries list. Access Denied.

:)

RemoteHun, Jul 20, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Trying to relocate my Picture folder location...

Hello Robert,

A corrupted user account is a possible cause of the issue you're experiencing with relocating the
    Pictures folder. That being said, we'll need more details to properly address your concern. Please answer the following:

• Since you mentioned that the Pictures folder is set to OneDrive, have you tried setting it back to
      This PC only? Right-click the OneDrive icon >
      Settings
      > Auto Save, set Pictures to
      This PC only
    • Are you experiencing the same issue with other user accounts on the PC?
    • Can you send us a screenshot
      of the Properties of the Pictures folder?

If the issue continues even after changing back the save location of the Pictures folder from
    OneDrive to This PC only, we advise you to unlink
    OneDrive. Make sure all your personal files are synced first before performing this procedure. Follow the steps found in this

article
    on how to unlink OneDrive. Try to set the location of the
    Picture folder back to default.

We'll be waiting for the results.

Devlin Sco, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Cannot relocate "Picture" folder to original place

Folder security after relocating user folders

Hello,

I have a C-drive (system) and a D-drive (data).

After I install Windows 10, I move user folders to my D-drive by relocating the Documents, Pictures, Videos etc. folders within Properties|Location. This seems to be an official function within Windows.

However, by using this Windows feature the security is inherited from the D-drive, so the security is wrong after the folder move. This results in all users receiving access to all folders.

Questions:

• is there an official Windows feature for moving the complete User-folder to the D-drive with a single action (instead of moving all subfolders?
    • Is there a way to keep the original security settings for the User-folders instead of inheriting them from the D-drive?

Thanks in advance,

SJW

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy]

Sjoerd-Jaap Westra, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Cannot relocate "Picture" folder to original place

1. Cannot relocate "Picture" folder to original place - Similar Threads - Cannot relocate Picture

2. Folder relocation/renaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder relocation/renaming: Hi Team,My question is regarding the renaming and relocation of Folders in a company Drive: We have a number of folders that are named in Dutch and wish to add an English translation in the name as well as maybe relocating some them to a different folder.Are the above...
  3. Folder relocation/renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder relocation/renaming: Hi Team,My question is regarding the renaming and relocation of Folders in a company Drive: We have a number of folders that are named in Dutch and wish to add an English translation in the name as well as maybe relocating some them to a different folder.Are the above...
  4. Folder relocation/renaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  6. Relocation of Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Relocation of Folders: Can I change the location of folders, say Photos, from SSD drive to internal hard drive? From C drive to D drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/relocation-of-folders/60ff9525-9da6-4468-bba8-bdc0ab627629
  7. Cannot relocate Documents/Pictures anymore from the default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot relocate Documents/Pictures anymore from the default location: Part of my job is to login to customer's laptops who bought them from us for a tuning session. I often advice them to NOT connect to the internet while creating the account during the initial setup wizard otherwise they will be forced to sign in with a Microsoft account....
  8. Relocating Users Folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Relocating Users Folder: Does the Users folder have to be relocated to an empty drive on an existing win 10 installation, or is any local drive ok? 39109
  9. Relocate folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocate folder locations: I got myself into this mess. Please pleaseee, if anyone could help me solving it I'd be really grateful since it's driving me mad. Initially I wanted to relocate my main folders such as Documents/Music/Downloads etc. into new location. However, I somehow managed to combine...
  10. Relocating Pictures directory.

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocating Pictures directory.: I installed Windows 10 about a month ago, and I changed the default location of "Pictures", "Downloads", "Documents", "Audio" and "Video" folder. I changed them so they resided on my 750 Gb storage drive instead of my 120 Gb SSD drive. All was fine. Now, last week after the...