Windows 10: Cannot remap keyboard using 3rd party apps such as Sharpkeys OR directly in the registry

Discus and support Cannot remap keyboard using 3rd party apps such as Sharpkeys OR directly in the registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm at a bit of a loss here. My Backspace key recently bit the dust and I'm sure you can imagine how annoying it is to type that way. At first I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nitroheadz28, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Cannot remap keyboard using 3rd party apps such as Sharpkeys OR directly in the registry

Hi, I'm at a bit of a loss here. My Backspace key recently bit the dust and I'm sure you can imagine how annoying it is to type that way.

At first I tried using Sharpkeys 3.7, running on Windows 10 with the .net framework v4. After making the changes and rebooting, the remapped key wouldn't work. I then tried KeyTweak which had the same result.

I did some more digging and found out what needed to be changed directly in the registry hoping it would solve my problem, no dice again! So here's what I'm trying to do and changing in regedit.exe..

I'm trying to make my right Shift key function as the new Backspace key. Scancode for Right Shift is 36 whereas scancode for backspace is 0E.

As this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlPoG7MAt_g) and other guides instruct I end up with these lines of code:

https://gyazo.com/e77f3080362fd6ba55cfe6c350a462a4

It still doesn't work? What gives?

:)

nitroheadz28, Aug 21, 2018
  2. BB_1 Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard remapping of keys

I appreciate the suggestion. Ive triedKey Tweak, SharpKeys, and another one woth app name of MSKLC. No luck with any of them. It allowed me to enter the keys i’d like to have remapped, but after applying and then rebooting everything remained the same.

3. Need to remap several keys on keyboard!!

My spacebar and backspace keys do not work, I wanted to remap them on the keyboard to other keys that I don't use. I've tried many downloadable programs like SharpKeys, but they are not working... I have Windows 10 and need to know if there's something
    else I can do to remap the functions of these two keys to another location....

stephenk666, Aug 21, 2018
  4. ksdixon Win User

Cannot remap keyboard using 3rd party apps such as Sharpkeys OR directly in the registry

keyboard window resize snap?

A keyboard key remap for the onscreen keyboard? You've lost me a bit, but SharpKeys will let you remap keys.

ksdixon, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Cannot remap keyboard using 3rd party apps such as Sharpkeys OR directly in the registry

1. Cannot remap keyboard using 3rd party apps such as Sharpkeys OR directly in the registry - Similar Threads - Cannot remap keyboard

2. Remap Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remap Keyboard: I installed the new Powertoys from Microsoft and I was able to remap the F7 key the way I wanted to. I would like to know if there is a way to remap the function keys with a second mapping maybe Ctrl F7 for example, also is is possible to map something like ctrl L to do...
  3. 3rd Party Company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd Party Company: I did a search for MS tech support and 855-345-8210 was a search result, so I called the number. I needed help with Outlook. The rep said MS no longer supported Outlook, and they were the company that handled Outlook support. I gave them access to my computer. They fixed the...
  4. Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows: I am a Windows user and also a gaming explorer. I have come across gaming supportive apps which allows to play android games on windows platform. As we only use our android mobile to play games. I also like to experience the gaming in a much wider screen such as my Desktop PC...
  5. Opening a 3rd party app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a 3rd party app: I keep getting this message when I click on a link to a purchase, "you'll need a new app to open this mql4buy" I understand Microsoft Store will not have an app for opening this file. The app I purchased works for Meta Trader 4, a platform for forex trading. Can I...
  6. Keyboard remapped

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard remapped: my key next to spacebar has been remapped(deleted) and doesnt do anythung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-remapped/9aadb5df-cf96-44ec-926d-bbfdd1bfb1fc
  7. 3rd party utilities

3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...
  8. Keyboard remapping

Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...
  9. Remapping key FROM REGISTRY

Remapping key FROM REGISTRY: My 'delete' key doesn't work anymore. I'd like to remap it to the 'insert' key. I've tried EVERY. SINGLE. Third party program. I've tried Microsoft's program for remapping. None have worked. I want to go straight through the registry so I can do ctrl-alt-del. I haven't...
  10. Update Drivers using 3rd party software?

Update Drivers using 3rd party software?: I have just installed Driver Agent Plus and it shows 13 out of date drivers. Should I rely on Windows 10 to update necessary drivers or should I use a 3rd party program? If the latter is Driver Agent Plus a good choice.? My set-up is as I want it and I am a bit concerned new...