Windows 10: Cannot remove a language pack - tried everything. Help

Discus and support Cannot remove a language pack - tried everything. Help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Heya! So I recently purchased a second hand laptop in the Netherlands and surprise surprise, it had a Dutch language pack. I started from fixing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Falcoron, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Cannot remove a language pack - tried everything. Help

Heya!

So I recently purchased a second hand laptop in the Netherlands and surprise surprise, it had a Dutch language pack.

I started from fixing my language settings by removing and added my preferred languages. All is good, English and Bulgarian.

I restart the computer and Dutch is still there. I delete the language from the registry, restart, it's still there. I check PoweShell, it's not listed there yet it still loads. My region is also not in the Netherlands.

A sidenote is that the language bar disappears every time I restart the computer and I have set it to be docked.

Please if you have some insight as to why this may be happening do share! Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Falcoron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Falcoron, Apr 17, 2020

2. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 23, 2020
  3. Language pack not downloading

Hi,

In order for us to find out the root cause of the issue, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried restarting the download? What was the result?
    • Were the language packs downloaded on the same day?
    • How are you downloading the language pack?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 23, 2020
  4. Cannot remove a language pack - tried everything. Help

Trying to change display language but "No language pack available"

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the English language pack.
    I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download the language pack.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Double click on Language.

• Click on Add language.

• Double Click on English language.

• Click on options on right hand side of the English language pack.

• Click on Download and install language pack.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot remove a language pack - tried everything. Help

1. Cannot remove a language pack - tried everything. Help - Similar Threads - Cannot remove language

2. Cannot install language packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install language packs: I've updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and I cannot install any new language packs , in control panel it says that i require a internet connection in order to verify language packs , even tho I am already connected to internet. How can I fix this?I am running Windows 10...
  3. Cannot install language packs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install language packs: I've updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and I cannot install any new language packs , in control panel it says that i require a internet connection in order to verify language packs , even tho I am already connected to internet. How can I fix this?I am running Windows 10...
  4. Windows 11 Language Packs not translating everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Language Packs not translating everything: Hi,I am trying to install language packs on a Surface Go 3 tablet with Windows 11.The language that was originally installed was Dutch-Netherlands. I want to change it to English UK or English US but also other languages.I followed all the steps that should be taken to change...
  5. Windows 11 Language Packs not translating everything

Windows 11 Language Packs not translating everything: Hi,I am trying to install language packs on a Surface Go 3 tablet with Windows 11.The language that was originally installed was Dutch-Netherlands. I want to change it to English UK or English US but also other languages.I followed all the steps that should be taken to change...
  6. Cannot install Japanese language pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Japanese language pack: Hello, I have a problem with downloading a language pack.Whenever I try to download the Japanese language pack, I cannot and the button is grey.Can I get help with this issue?...
  7. Cannot install Japanese language pack

Cannot install Japanese language pack: Hello, I have a problem with downloading a language pack.Whenever I try to download the Japanese language pack, I cannot and the button is grey.Can I get help with this issue?...
  8. Cannot install Japanese language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cannot fully remove language packs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot fully remove language packs: Hello! I've had three versions of English installed on my computer at various points en-US, en-GB and en-AU, but the issue is that now I only want en-AU, but I can't get rid of the other ones. I can press 'remove' in the language settings, but I can still see their packs...
  10. language pack removal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    language pack removal: At present some cumulative updates fail to install (I will go back to an earlier Macrium image), What wonders me is that repeatedly system restore points were created with the text: Language Pack Removal. Any clue? 132475