Windows 10: cannot remove a standard guest account

Discus and support cannot remove a standard guest account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when i am clicked "remove" the guest account, a dialogue windows appears, saying: "this person needs to sign out before you can delete their account"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DarcyPu, Apr 25, 2019.

1. DarcyPu Win User

cannot remove a standard guest account

when i am clicked "remove" the guest account, a dialogue windows appears, saying:

"this person needs to sign out before you can delete their account"

i don't understand how this guest can sign out.

plz help me, thx!

Darcy

:)

DarcyPu, Apr 25, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Apr 25, 2019
  3. tsram90 Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Apr 25, 2019
  4. HLinders Win User

How to remove guest account from provisioned PC

Using "Set up School PCs"-app I don't get the alternative to set Guest account to not active. This means that our PCs provisioned with "Set up School PCs" gets a Guest (or Gjest in Norwegian) account. I am unable to remove/hide this account on the login
    screen. How can this be done?

I've tried the following without success:

• Net user Gjest /active:no (while Administrator)
    • Net user Guest /active:no (while Admin)
    • netplwiz and disabling the guest account
    • using gpedit.msc to disable account
    The guest account actually reads as "disabled" - but it still shows up when I go to login screen in Windows 10.

I was thinking of using regedit to remove the account - however, I cant understand which string to delete and I am not even certain this will work. Which account should I remove?

• (Standard)
    • ProfilesDirectory
    • Programdata
    • Public
    Are there any other good ways to remove Guest (Gjest in Norwegian) account?

HLinders, Apr 25, 2019
Thema:

1. cannot remove a standard guest account - Similar Threads - cannot remove standard

2. How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change an account standard/ guest to an account administrator??: Hi I accidentally change my account administrator into an account standard and i don't know how to change it back , i literally do anything, and nothing is working. And i don't have an another account on my computer. I really don't know what to do , pls help !!!...
  3. Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: Hi all,Bought this laptop in Canada. I am aiming to get the keyboard to simply be plain English, but cannot get rid of the Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS in the keyboard input language bar. I'm aiming to only need to switch between English and Mandarin but the CMS keeps...
  4. Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove Canadian Multilingual Standard: Hi all,Bought this laptop in Canada. I am aiming to get the keyboard to simply be plain English, but cannot get rid of the Canadian Multilingual Standard CMS in the keyboard input language bar. I'm aiming to only need to switch between English and Mandarin but the CMS keeps...
  5. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard built-in Windows Guest account: I do not want any form of user account on my computer windows 10 including the built in guest account. I can delete a guest account if I have added it, but not the built in one. How can I get rid of this? Thanks. D....
  6. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard built-in Windows Guest account: I do not want any form of user account on my computer windows 10 including the built in guest account. I can delete a guest account if I have added it, but not the built in one. How can I get rid of this? Thanks. D....
  7. Standard built-in Windows Guest account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Guest/Standard account permissions in Windows 10.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest/Standard account permissions in Windows 10.: How to make the administrator account data D, E and F drives inaccessible for a guest/standard account in Windows 10? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gueststandard-account-permissions-in-windows-10/c5630144-1aa0-42fb-8cc5-6dd4ce193772
  9. Guest account

Guest account: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...
  10. How to remove Guest account?

How to remove Guest account?: A while back I updated to windows 10 from Win7. For the last while I have occasionally gotten an error on boot that says something like "The windows Host Services has stopped working" and when I close the error I get a black screen. If I cntrl-alt-del I can restart the...