Windows 10: Cannot remove ASUS Smart Gesture to reload it after November update

Discus and support Cannot remove ASUS Smart Gesture to reload it after November update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The usual stoppage of Smart Gesture after a windows 10 update always needs to have me remove the ATK and Smart Gesture programs and reinstall them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GailParz, Dec 15, 2018.

1. GailParz Win User

Cannot remove ASUS Smart Gesture to reload it after November update

The usual stoppage of Smart Gesture after a windows 10 update always needs to have me remove the ATK and Smart Gesture programs and reinstall them. However, this time the Smart Gesture will not fully remove resulting in an error that does not stop trying to remove it. I have to Task Manager it and stop the process. The error is:

'Windows cannot find C:\Program Files(x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\pre_all.bat' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Click OK and go into the circle of death until ending the process. Any suggestions?

Uninstall from Program Files, CCleaner, or Smart Gesture result in the same error.

Cannot go back to a restore point because every Windows update removes them all.

:)

GailParz, Dec 15, 2018

2. ASUS Smart Gesture and Windows 10 November Update

After applying the November Update to Windows 10 on my ASUS PC, touchpad Smart Gesture was not in the System Tray. The touchpad tap to click feature was enabled, which I find annoying and hard to use properly. There is no option in Windows 10 Mouse and
    Touchpad Settings to turn off tap to click. That option is included in ASUS Smart Gesture.

Smart Gesture was retained during the November Update, and appeared in Control Panel, Programs and Features. However, there is a prerequisite to Smart Gesture - a download from ASUS called ATK Package. ATK Package was not retained during the November Update.
    To fix this problem I uninstalled Smart Gesture. Then I went to the ASUS Drivers site and downloaded and installed the ATK Package. I then reinstalled ASUS Smart Gesture, also available on the ASUS Drivers site. After a restart Smart Gesture appeared in
    the System Tray and I was happy to disable touch to click.

DavidDubya, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Asus Smart Gesture not working on Windows 10

Did not find a program listed called "ASUS Smart Gesture'

TomWellsIsPissed, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Cannot remove ASUS Smart Gesture to reload it after November update

Asus Smart Gesture

I updated my computer last week and, since then, the smart gestures disappeared. Now I can't scroll down with two fingers, or switch from one desktop to another and if I look for Asus smart gesture in the computer there isn't even one installed. How can
    I make the smart gesture function again?

thank you

Ana Pau Paz, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Cannot remove ASUS Smart Gesture to reload it after November update

1. Cannot remove ASUS Smart Gesture to reload it after November update - Similar Threads - Cannot remove ASUS

2. Asus Smart Gesture

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus Smart Gesture: My Asus Eebook 205ta has been giving me issues regarding the touchpad/mouse..the curser has a blinking bottle at the side as if another process is trying to load...the only way of stopping it is by going into task manager and clicking on ASUS Smart Gesture and hitting end...
  3. No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No ASUS Smart Gestures on a laptop without ELAN or Synaptics Touchpad: Hello. I have a ASUS laptop which there where only Asus Smart Gestures but sadly, it sucks. So when looking for a alternative I found that I should just install a driver for another computer...
  4. Disable Asus laptop gestures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Asus laptop gestures: As above. This laptop was updated from W8 to W10. I constantly send emails before they are finished, and close things I don't want to. I have tried everything I can find online. Including deleting the touchpad driver and updating it. It says it is already the latest...
  5. Remove "Mouse Gestures"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove "Mouse Gestures": I was reinstalling Windows and Edge as well, looked up Mouse Gestures it found the version that doesn't work with the new Edge (Chromium based), now I'm stuck with it and there is no way to uninstall it (or see that it's installed) and I can't find any information on how to...
  6. Fix ASUS Smart Gesture not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix ASUS Smart Gesture not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH]ASUS Smart Gesture is a smart touchpad driver that helps you control more precise gestures including tapping, scrolling, dragging, clicking, and more. Some PC users […] This article Fix ASUS Smart Gesture not working on Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. Reload removed apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reload removed apps: I have reset my window pro.10 laptop. After words some of the apps are not reload. Pl. let me know how can I reinstall "REMOVED APPS WHILE RESETTING P C " From; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\AsTPCenter\x64\AsusTPCenter.exe changed...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture\AsTPCenter\x64\AsusTPCenter.exe changed...: System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-UserModePowerService [ Guid] {ce8dee0b-d539-4000-b0f8-77bed049c590} EventID 12 Version 0 Level 4 Task 10 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x4000000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime]...
  9. I accidentally uninstalled ASUS smart gesture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally uninstalled ASUS smart gesture: I uninstalled the smart gesture by accident After i downloaded it again and try to installed it Before finished, i had asked to install synaptic pointing device But it stopped at the agreement and i can't continued it Thank you for the answer !! [ATTACH]...
  10. Can not install ASUS Smart Gesture after updating Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not install ASUS Smart Gesture after updating Win 7 to Win 10: Well, after I updated Win 7 to Win 10, I "lost" the Smart Gesture program. I downloaded the recent Smart Gesture from ASUS support website that should be working for Win 10. Alas, I reach the end of the installation when I get this message: "There is a problem with this...