Windows 10: Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller

Discus and support Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good afternoon! I have a Windows 10 PC and some troubles connecting to my USB Bluetooth Dongle. I was at first trying to connect my XBOX One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brandon Franklin, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller

Good afternoon!

I have a Windows 10 PC and some troubles connecting to my USB Bluetooth Dongle. I was at first trying to connect my XBOX One controller which was successful but when the controller turned off I ran into some issues. The next time I tried to connect the controller my PC says it is connected via Bluetooth but the light just blinks waiting for it to connect to something. I tried removing the controller from the Bluetooth menu but it just says removing device and nothing ever happens. I tried adding a new device the same as the first time but it won't find the controller. So then I tried turning Bluetooth off and on again but no matter how many time I turn it back on I go back to the Bluetooth screen and it always says it's still off. I ran Windows troubleshooting but it got stuck at turning Bluetooth on. I then tried to update the dongle's drivers but the options are greyed out. I also tried removing the device from device manager but it never gets removed from the list and just says uninstalling device. I had to go into task manager and force close it. Even removing the dongle from my PC still does not remove it from the list. Only removing it, restarting the computer, plugging it back in then reconnecting to my controller works but obviously I don't want to do that every time I want to use my controller. So just reaching out to see if anyone has some advice, thanks!

Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller 7c04af26-f738-4d26-8e61-716afcf5a0af?upload=true.png

Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller 17f894de-5acb-4139-ab4c-dc5139a2d558?upload=true.png

Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller 0cb45fbd-bc3e-4b02-a08b-d857ac398f4d?upload=true.png

:)

Brandon Franklin, Nov 18, 2020

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller

1. Cannot remove Bluetooth Dongle or XBOX Controller - Similar Threads - Cannot remove Bluetooth

2. XBOX Wirelss Controller Dongle causes Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    XBOX Wirelss Controller Dongle causes Blue Screen: Dongle causes blue screens. If it is plugged in on startup the computer crashes about 75% of the time about 3 mins after the computer is started. If I plug in the dongle post start up the computer crashes about 50% of the time. It will either blue screen, or, just shut...
  3. Issue with Xbox controller dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Xbox controller dongle: Hey everyone, I have tried, without any avail, to connect my Xbox bluetooth controller to my PC. I have recently upgraded my Pc with a new motherboard and processor. Now when I connect my wireless dongle, which is the tiny one from Microsoft, it doesn't install the driver to...
  4. Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.

Xbox One S controller asks for pin when connecting to Bluetooth dongle.: I recently got a Bluetooth dongle for my PC so that I could connect my controller via Bluetooth. However, when I tried connecting the controller it asked for a pin, as far as I know, my controller didn't come with a pin. So, I updated the controller firmware and it still...
  5. Bluetooth dongle

Bluetooth dongle: I recently bought a Bluetooth adaptor but it doesn't work, I've tried deleting the drivers and reinstalling them but it still doesn't work submitted by /u/Girl_Widda_D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha8jlz/bluetooth_dongle/
  6. One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows

One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows: As per title. Do i need the 2 dongles to be connected to my PC to be able to use the 2 controllers or the Xbox one dongle is backward compatible? Thank you submitted by /u/Logiman43 [link] [comments]...
  7. Bluetooth Dongle

Bluetooth Dongle: My windows 10 pc does not have Bluetooth. Please recommend some quality Bluetooth dongle. Many thanks. submitted by /u/NorhoNor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ewye1p/bluetooth_dongle/
  8. xbox wireless dongle & xbox controller randomly disconnect

xbox wireless dongle & xbox controller randomly disconnect: hi i'm using official xbox wireless dongle since many months : https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/p/adaptateur-sans-fil-xbox-pour-windows10/91DQRB97L130/1V59 with my xbox one controller custom design microsoft on Windows 10 1909 I have random disconnection during game,...
  9. Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC

Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC: So, I swapped my HDD out for an m.2; reinstalled windows and for months now I haven't been able to get the xbox one controller to sync to my PC. It used to, now it doesn't. I've put the dongle in every other PC i have and it syncs immediately without issue. I've (as far as I...
  10. xbox controller bluetooth

xbox controller bluetooth: My Xbox one controller won't connect to my computer via Bluetooth, and my usb port is broken so I cant connect that way. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-bluetooth/e728b9a1-ba66-49c9-b61a-91617beab8ad