Windows 10: Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer

Discus and support Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeslyFreed, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer

Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer

:)

LeslyFreed, Jul 17, 2020

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer :)

justinmreina, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that
    you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.
    2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on
      Settings.
    3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on
      X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 17, 2020
  4. gogreen Win User

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

I've customized the look of File Explorer (thanks to the tutorial). Now, how do I remove iCloud Photos from the Devices and Drives view in file Explorer?

gogreen, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot remove duplicate icloud photos folder in windows file explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot remove duplicate

2. remove icloud photos files from file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove icloud photos files from file explorer: remove iCloud photos files from file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icloud-photos-files-from-file-explorer/3a74e97c-28a2-47fa-bb60-2a7362fb1ffc
  3. iCloud Photos Icons/Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud Photos Icons/Thumbnails in File Explorer: Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but on both my machines I have had this. iCloud Photos icon comes up loads of times as you can see in the picture I've attached. The number of thumbnails keeps increasing. When I uninstall, the icons remain there but the little...
  4. iCloud Photos folder duplicate

iCloud Photos folder duplicate: So I have iCloud Photos on my Windows 10 and for some reasons there's this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-photos-folder-duplicate/ecfa4138-ae5e-40e5-bec0-1767e25d4755
  5. Remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar

Remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar: I reviewed every suggestion on how to fix this issue and I additionally went into regedit did a search on iCloud Photos and deleted EVERY entry and still have the issue. The only difference is that in IE it just shows a blank folder and doesn't say iCloud Photos. I turned...
  6. Duplicate iCloud Photo on sidebar

Duplicate iCloud Photo on sidebar: I an so boring with duplicated iCloud Photo on sidebar. How can I remove it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-icloud-photo-on-sidebar/af4dd50f-a29c-4afb-8033-18728e761876
  7. Remove iCloud Photos from Windows File Explorer Sidebar

Remove iCloud Photos from Windows File Explorer Sidebar: Good Afternoon, I recently switched over from OSX to Windows 10 and in an attempt to migrate all of my photos from iCloud to my Pictures library on my new computer I installed iCloud onto my new computer. After one photo was migrated from iCloud I decided to just download a...
  8. remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar

remove old folder icloud photos from file explorer side bar: so I'm completely frustrated that I cant delete this stupid icloud photo's folder that has duplicated itself on the file explorer side bar. Ive deleted the folder source so now it errors when you click the folder and I cant delete the shortcut which I never wanted in the...
  9. file explorer icloud photo detail

file explorer icloud photo detail: in window 10 file explorer, how do I get the detail view in the icloud photo download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icloud-photo-detail/742dcd64-5921-4e7b-a193-3a541aea2ef3"
  10. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer: I've customized the look of File Explorer (thanks to the tutorial). Now, how do I remove iCloud Photos from the Devices and Drives view in file Explorer? 56114