Windows 10: Cannot remove ENG-US keyboard from Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot remove ENG-US keyboard from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to get the following configuration on my windows 10: - Display language English (US) - Input keyboard Polish - Input language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by adderek, Sep 27, 2018.

1. adderek Win User

Cannot remove ENG-US keyboard from Windows 10

Hi,

I'm trying to get the following configuration on my windows 10:

- Display language English (US)

- Input keyboard Polish

- Input language English (preferably with Polish)

Whatever I do - I am unable to remove ENG-US keyboard from the system. And the keyboard is often switching to that one.

"Control panel / All / Language" is no longer available.

My "Settings / Time & Language / Country & Region" (location) is set to United States.

My "Settings / Time & Language / Languages" (display language) is set to "English (United States)".

My "Settings / Time & Language / Preferred language" has only 1 position: "English (United Stated)". Its options:

My "Settings / Time & Language / Preferred language / Options" shows only 1 keyboard: "Polish (Programmers)".

In theory I have only 1 keyboard.

Tray is showing 2 keyboard layouts and often changing it to the one I don't need at all.

I even tried

Set-WinCultureFromLanguageListOptOut -OptOut 1

Set-WinUILanguageOverride -Language en-US

and changing HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language to 0415 (both InstallLanguage and Default)...

Any hints how to persistently get rid of the ENG-US and still use US UI language and my local keyboard?

:)

adderek, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot remove ENG-US keyboard from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot remove ENG

2. Is it possible to remove US keyboard from English version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to remove US keyboard from English version of Windows?: [ATTACH] I want to have windows in English version, but i dont want the US/English windows keyboard as a choise in the language bar. Swedish and norweigian keyboard are added so the US/English is just in the way for me? How can I remove that and still be able to switch...
  3. Cannot remove ENG-US

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove ENG-US: Win10 build 19041. I'm using two input language ENG-UK as default and Chinese. It's also showing the same with only two languages in preferred languages in Settings. However, English United States shows up in input method list constantly. I've tried uninstalling in lpksetup,...
  4. ENG Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ENG Keyboard: I'm from another country where english is not the main language, but one day I changed my computer's language to english just for fun, the thing is that I removed it some time later, but the ENG keyboard doesn't want to leave! Does somebody knows how to remove it fully? Thank...
  5. Cannot remove US keyboard layout

Cannot remove US keyboard layout: Recently I've noticed that a US keyboard layout has appeared on my language bar. I've always had jsut English UK and Japanese on there and it would switch between them whenever I press left shift + left alt. which turned out to be a very bad idea because I'm an artist and...
  6. Install windows 10 eng-us from windows Qi international

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 eng-us from windows Qi international: I purchased Windows 10 International by mistake. Can I upgrade my Windows 7 system to Windows 10 English United States from the Windows 10 International software or should I cancel the purchase and buy Windows 10 Home? 145335
  7. Install windows 10 eng-us from windows Qi international

in Windows 10 Support
    Install windows 10 eng-us from windows Qi international: I purchased Windows 10 International by mistake. Can I upgrade my Windows 7 system to Windows 10 English United States from the Windows 10 International software or should I cancel the purchase and buy Windows 10 Home? 145335
  8. How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray

How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray: I reset my Win10 laptop back to factory and wiped all of my personal data so I could send it in for repairs. I don't know why or how it happened, but during the reinstallation process I suddenly had "ENG US" and "ENG CS" (Czech) come up as my two language options. Now "ENG...
  9. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  10. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove eng system tray w10

2. removing us keyboard from windows 10

3. windows 10 unable to remove us keyboard

4. gide eng us in system tray,
  5. unable to remove us keboard,
  6. remove eng-us win10,
  7. windows 10 cannot remove US keyboard,
  8. windows 10 deleting us keyboard,
  9. remove keyboard from windows 10,
  10. windows 10 cannot remove keyboard,
  11. win 10 cannot remove keyboard,