Windows 10: CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10

Discus and support CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 few days back , I had formatted my harddisk completely before installing . Yesterday I provided my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnilabhaDatta, Oct 14, 2018.

1. CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10

Hello,

I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 few days back , I had formatted my harddisk completely before installing .

Yesterday I provided my Microsoft account for Windows Store and whenever I restart my PC , I have to provide my Microsoft account password.

Earlier I could remove the password by changing to local account but now I cannot find the option to change to local account.

I searched in Settings > Accounts > Your info.

Please Help me

I need to remove the password from my PC

:)

AnilabhaDatta, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10 :(

Zakin, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10

1. CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT

2. Cannot remove a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove a Microsoft account: I am trying to help a friend remove a MS account from his computer and I keep running into roadblocks.My friend did two things wrong when he set up his original MS account - he spelled his own name incorrectly!, and did not record his password. Two mistakes but it is what it...
  3. Cannot remove a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove a Microsoft account: I am trying to help a friend remove a MS account from his computer and I keep running into roadblocks.My friend did two things wrong when he set up his original MS account - he spelled his own name incorrectly!, and did not record his password. Two mistakes but it is what it...
  4. Cannot remove workplace account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove workplace account from Windows 10: Hi! I have quit from my last workplace and I cannot remove the account 2nd one, "Work or school account" which resides there. There is no option anywhere to remove it. [ATTACH]...
  5. Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Remove My Microsoft Account From Windows 10 Pro: Hello Everyone, I have a Dell laptop running on Windows 10 pro. I associated my Microsoft account as I'm about to reformat/reset the laptop. While doing some test I'm trying to disassociate my Microsoft account from the laptop however the remove option that the forum is...
  6. removing a microsoft account from windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    removing a microsoft account from windows 10: hi So i remove my microsoft account from a particular laptop, i wanted to know what is going to happen to the data in my account on the laptop like music, movies, programs and other files? will the data still be there when i sign in on that same laptop with the same...
  7. Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10

Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10: So under Settings > Email & Account i've got an old Microsoft account i want to remove from my PC. However, when I click it i just get the "manage" option and that takes me to a website with no option to remove. The account I want to remove is an Office 365 account. my...
  8. Removing a Microsoft Account from Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a Microsoft Account from Windows 10: I will be answering my own question and am hopeful it helps others. BACKGROUND: While setting up a new PC with Windows 10 Enterprise, I created a local account and did not add a Microsoft Account. I then installed Office 2019 Professional Plus, which is a perpetual,...
  9. Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account: There is no Remove Device for a laptop I no longer own. It was my son's and I have him on my family account. I removed him from the family account, but that didn't fix it. He's back on my Microsoft family account, but the laptop was wiped so I didn't think it would be...
  10. Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10: I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old account" that I am no longer using and would like to remove. When I go to Settings > Accounts the old account is listed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot remove microsoft account windows 10

2. i cannot remove a microsoft account from windows 10

3. windows 10 cannot delete account