Windows 10: Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So under Settings > Email & Account i've got an old Microsoft account i want to remove from my PC. However, when I click it i just get the "manage"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alphanumbers, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10

So under Settings > Email & Account i've got an old Microsoft account i want to remove from my PC.

However, when I click it i just get the "manage" option and that takes me to a website with no option to remove.

The account I want to remove is an Office 365 account.

my PC is a workgroup instalaltion.

How do I remove this account off the PC?

:)

alphanumbers, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 19, 2019
  3. FiiLeTe Win User
    Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10

1. Cannot remove MS account from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot remove account

2. Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows: Hi. When I turn on my laptop W11 I am asked to select the MS account I want to use e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and enter a PIN Windows Hello, I think it's called.How do I remove this MS account from the Windows start-up? I have been into system options,...
  3. Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows: Hi. When I turn on my laptop W11 I am asked to select the MS account I want to use e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and enter a PIN Windows Hello, I think it's called.How do I remove this MS account from the Windows start-up? I have been into system options,...
  4. Cannot remove workplace account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove workplace account from Windows 10: Hi! I have quit from my last workplace and I cannot remove the account 2nd one, "Work or school account" which resides there. There is no option anywhere to remove it. [ATTACH]...
  5. Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....: So I had a Windows 10 VM and it was not able to start and I couldn't fix it so deleted the VM and created it again since my MS account was on the and it would sync everything. But the old VM device is linked under my Microsoft account and I want to remove it cause I can't...
  6. No option to remove device from MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No option to remove device from MS account: I can't remove an old device in my MS account - it doesn't give the option to remove - only "Get support" and "Get apps" per below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-remove-device-from-ms-account/a088ba31-e0ed-4802-a5e6-c3e57aa34f8a
  7. Removing PC from MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing PC from MS account: I got a new computer and when I set it up Iinked it with my MS Account. Now I want to use the computer but NOT have it linked to my MS Account. If I remove the computer from my MS Account, will I have to set up a new Administrator user before I can use the computer?...
  8. CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 few days back , I had formatted my harddisk completely before installing . Yesterday I provided my Microsoft account for Windows Store and whenever I restart my PC , I have to provide my Microsoft account password. Earlier...
  9. Remove Device from MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Device from MS account: Disregard/Delete this post - pilot error. 117484
  10. Remove Device from MS account

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Device from MS account: I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions and get the Remove PC option. In my account the More Actions isn't "clickable". Any other options? ALSO - how do I delete the device from My Computers?...