Windows 10: Cannot remove old account from login screen

Discus and support Cannot remove old account from login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephen E B, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Cannot remove old account from login screen

When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?

:)

Stephen E B, Aug 15, 2018
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Cannot remove old account from login screen

Remove user account pic at login screen

A few things:
    You need to turn off 'Show background picture on login screen':

Cannot remove old account from login screen [​IMG]

but then, your lock screen also becomes blank with your accent color, (except manual lock - WinKey + L):

you may also need to capture a screenshot of your login screen to replicate the exact shade for your avatar,
    (there is software out there to accomplish that)

Edwin, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Cannot remove old account from login screen

1. Cannot remove old account from login screen - Similar Threads - Cannot remove old

2. How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?: Hello,I have three accounts that appear on the login screen.They are not listed in my settings Settings > Accounts > Emails & Accounts, but on the bottom left of the login screen.I have followed Cannot remove account form login screen in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community and...
  3. How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an account from the login screen, WIN11?: Hello,I have three accounts that appear on the login screen.They are not listed in my settings Settings > Accounts > Emails & Accounts, but on the bottom left of the login screen.I have followed Cannot remove account form login screen in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community and...
  4. Removing an old account

Removing an old account: When I am prompted to sign in to MSN, an old account email address automatically pops up. It is an old work-related account that I used before retiring. I have to delete it and then put in my personal MSN email. How can I delete this old account email?...
  5. Removing an old account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing an old account: When I am prompted to sign in to MSN, an old account email address automatically pops up. It is an old work-related account that I used before retiring. I have to delete it and then put in my personal MSN email. How can I delete this old account email?...
  6. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  7. Cannot remove account from old computer

Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  8. Cannot remove account from old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. remove user account in login screen

remove user account in login screen: Hello, My windows 10 was set up originally with a local user account. Later I added my online account and deleted the local account from "control panel". So now there is only one account online account under "control panel->user accounts". I wanted to set up auto login from...
  10. Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10: I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old account" that I am no longer using and would like to remove. When I go to Settings > Accounts the old account is listed...