Windows 10: cannot remove old invalid user account win 10, posted 7/31/2018

Discus and support cannot remove old invalid user account win 10, posted 7/31/2018 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; OK, I give up. I cannot remove an old Microsoft account that does not appear in Control Panel, Users. The old account shows up as a user on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidDubya, Jul 31, 2018.

1. cannot remove old invalid user account win 10, posted 7/31/2018

OK, I give up. I cannot remove an old Microsoft account that does not appear in Control Panel, Users. The old account shows up as a user on the Windows 10 login screen. There is a folder for the old account in c://Users. I have been forced to change my Microsoft account password twice recently, perhaps because of the bogus account. A huge percentage of the help articles are too old to use on my up-to-date version of Windows 10. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

DavidDubya, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 31, 2018
  3. removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Quark711 Win User

cannot remove old invalid user account win 10, posted 7/31/2018

Cannot Remove User Account so I Can't Revert to Win 7 From Win 10

I want to go back to Win 7 from Win 10.

The option to revert back to Win 7 will NOT WORK because the tool insists that I remove the user account(s) I added after the upgrade. Well, I CAN'T remove the only account because I only have ONE user account and I can NOT delete it!

Therefore, I CAN NOT revert to Win 7.

What's the solution to this?

Quark711, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

cannot remove old invalid user account win 10, posted 7/31/2018

1. cannot remove old invalid user account win 10, posted 7/31/2018 - Similar Threads - cannot remove old

2. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  3. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  4. Cannot remove account from old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Remove Old Posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Old Posts: I am assuming I need to do this because I can NOT see my last two posts. 182680
  6. Remove old user account on signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old user account on signin: I'm building a new user profile in Windows 10. I've completed the process but when I sign in, the Welcome screen on the local account it still shows two user accounts. I went into control panel to delete that old account but it is not there. It correctly shows my new...
  7. Cannot locate a User Account after Windows Update 7/31/20

in Cortana
    Cannot locate a User Account after Windows Update 7/31/20: Cannot locate a user account. It is missing completely when I signed on this morning. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-locate-a-user-account-after-windows-update/41288008-78c1-455b-8cc9-daef9e16bf59
  8. CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10: When powering on my Win 10 PC today, the desktop is different from normal. I cannot seem to access any of my features. It seems as though the wrong user account is open. I have tried signing out and and in, and logging in with both password and PIN, and still have the same...
  9. Removal Of old user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal Of old user: [img] When i try to remove this old user I get this but no indications how to do it all help great fully appreciated 133445
  10. Removal Of old user

in Windows 10 Support
    Removal Of old user: [img] When i try to remove this old user I get this but no indications how to do it all help great fully appreciated 133445