Windows 10: Cannot Remove PIN Logon

Discus and support Cannot Remove PIN Logon in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rfxcasey, Jan 21, 2021.

1. rfxcasey Win User

Cannot Remove PIN Logon

There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under Settings/Accounts/PIN is grayed out. I am supposed to be admin on this machine as I am the only user and it says it's an admin account. Any help would be appreciated.

Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746)

:)

rfxcasey, Jan 21, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 21, 2021
  3. PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 21, 2021
  4. JayPhi Win User

Cannot Remove PIN Logon

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Remove PIN Logon

1. Cannot Remove PIN Logon - Similar Threads - Cannot Remove PIN

2. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  3. Pin to logon on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin to logon on Windows: Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,...
  4. PIN for Logon forgotten

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN for Logon forgotten: MS Folks,Have forgotten my Laptop logon PIN. I've made too many attempts to login and now I don't have an option for 'Forgot Password'. I go in a loop, inputting 'A1B2C3' to prove I am not a bot, and then when I fail to input the first attempt correctly I am told to reboot...
  5. Cannot remove pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot remove pin: Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to fix this issue, I cannot remove my pin as it requires me to login with a school organisation email but I no longer attend that school and it says this account has been disabled when I try to login. What should I do???...
  6. Cannot Remove Pin on login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Remove Pin on login: I recently have reinstalled windows, due to directx completely breaking for some reason... And now I'm stuck with a stupid **** pin on login that i cant remove, the remove button is grayed out... and if i try the ''i forgot my pin'' way to remove it it just forces me to make...
  7. Bypassing PIN (cannot logon)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing PIN (cannot logon): Hi, A friend of mine recently passed away. I am trying to gain access to his pc to recover photos and documents for his mother. The computer is PIN protected. Password resetting tools I've tried do not remove the PIN unfortunately. I do not know his Microsoft account. If I...
  8. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  9. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714
  10. How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable / remove the PIN logon at startup: I tried this tutorial, doesn't work for me Remove PIN from your Account in Windows 10 Because there is no "remove" button (see picture) A regedit file to get rid of this nuisance would be great but anything else that would work will do Please help! 158714