Windows 10: Cannot remove PIN - option not available

Discus and support Cannot remove PIN - option not available in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was recently prompted to set up a PIN for my PC which I did and now it asks for it each time, however I want to remove it and go back to password or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Annanacha, May 21, 2020.

1. Annanacha Win User

Cannot remove PIN - option not available

I was recently prompted to set up a PIN for my PC which I did and now it asks for it each time, however I want to remove it and go back to password or if I really can't do that then change the PIN.

But when I go into settings and look at sign in options it is telling me I cannot set up a Hello PIN even though I have one set up that it requires each time I get onto my PC. Why is it telling me this and how can I just get the PIN removed when it won't give me any options?

Thanks!

:)

Annanacha, May 21, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 21, 2020
  3. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, May 21, 2020
  4. ORCHE69 Win User

PIN option not available at lock screen

Hello,

I have reset my PIN for several times even with administrator account but PIN option is still not available and I use password to log in which is so anguishing. Please suggest solution.

ORCHE69, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot remove PIN - option not available - Similar Threads - Cannot remove PIN

2. Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!: Hello there,I see this has been covered before, but after spending hours trying to get into my Windows 11 laptop, only to get 'your pin is not available'. My backup option of mobile phone not an option, sods law that my backup email account was not available due to outage....
  3. Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!: Hello there,I see this has been covered before, but after spending hours trying to get into my Windows 11 laptop, only to get 'your pin is not available'. My backup option of mobile phone not an option, sods law that my backup email account was not available due to outage....
  4. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WiFi option and PIN not available win10: When starting my pc it says pin not available, when I click set up my pin it says I need a wifi connection but there is no wifi option only airplane mode which i can't even access. Anyone have solutions for this? btw i'm not able to login. only give solutions which don't...
  5. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WiFi option and PIN not available win10: When starting my pc it says pin not available, when I click set up my pin it says I need a wifi connection but there is no wifi option only airplane mode which i can't even access. Anyone have solutions for this? btw i'm not able to login. only give solutions which don't...
  6. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot remove pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot remove pin: Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to fix this issue, I cannot remove my pin as it requires me to login with a school organisation email but I no longer attend that school and it says this account has been disabled when I try to login. What should I do???...
  8. Cannot Remove Pin on login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Remove Pin on login: I recently have reinstalled windows, due to directx completely breaking for some reason... And now I'm stuck with a stupid **** pin on login that i cant remove, the remove button is grayed out... and if i try the ''i forgot my pin'' way to remove it it just forces me to make...
  9. Remove Pin Number option

Remove Pin Number option: Hello. I have a Dell Optiplex 7050 machine which I accessed Windows with the Pin Number option. The technical service installed a new mother board to the machine. After this change, Windows could be accessed with the password option. I tried to change the Windows access...
  10. PIN option not available at lock screen

PIN option not available at lock screen: Hello, I have reset my PIN for several times even with administrator account but PIN option is still not available and I use password to log in which is so anguishing. Please suggest solution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove not available for hello pin