Windows 10: Cannot remove secondary inactive/deleted Microsoft email account from Windows 11 PC...

Discus and support Cannot remove secondary inactive/deleted Microsoft email account from Windows 11 PC... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'd like to remove an old businesses email account from my Email & accounts settings pane as the account no longer exists, and a pop-up keeps asking me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MattJFX, May 25, 2022.

1. MattJFX Win User

Cannot remove secondary inactive/deleted Microsoft email account from Windows 11 PC...

I'd like to remove an old businesses email account from my Email & accounts settings pane as the account no longer exists, and a pop-up keeps asking me to sign in to it which is not possible and is annoying. I have been able to remove another account as it gave me a 'Remove' option below 'Manage', however this account pictured does not. When I choose 'Manage' it prompts me to sign in to the account which again is not possible. Thank you for any and all assistance!

:)

MattJFX, May 25, 2022

2. Deleting Microsoft account

Hi Gene,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, the prompt might be because as you have mentioned that you have not logged in to the account for long period and we would need some information regarding the issue.

1. Could you please let us know where exactly you are getting the error message?
    2. Are you using Microsoft or local account to login to Windows?
    3. If Microsoft account, may I know which Microsoft account are you using to login to Windows

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to unlink your Microsoft business account from Gmail Microsoft account (If Microsoft Business account is linked to Gmail account).

1. Log on to primary
      Microsoft account
      (Gmail).
    2. Go to Your Info > Contact Info.
    3. Click on Manage email address.
    4. Then try removing secondary account.

If you are trying to remove the account from the device, we would suggest you to refer

To close your account
    under the section
    To remove an email account
    and To remove an account used by apps and check if it helps.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, May 25, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 25, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot remove secondary inactive/deleted Microsoft email account from Windows 11 PC...

Brink, May 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Cannot remove secondary inactive/deleted Microsoft email account from Windows 11 PC... - Similar Threads - Cannot remove secondary

2. Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account: Heya,Today I accidently logged my Microsoft account to my PC. It's the account my Minecraft account is connected to. Now I have to remove the Microsoft account again, but I'm worried that if I delete it I might lose my Minecraft account.Is there any way to remove a Microsoft...
  3. Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account: Heya,Today I accidently logged my Microsoft account to my PC. It's the account my Minecraft account is connected to. Now I have to remove the Microsoft account again, but I'm worried that if I delete it I might lose my Minecraft account.Is there any way to remove a Microsoft...
  4. Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot remove secondary inactive/deleted Microsoft email account from Windows 11 PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove secondary inactive/deleted Microsoft email account from Windows 11 PC...: I'd like to remove an old businesses email account from my Email & accounts settings pane as the account no longer exists, and a pop-up keeps asking me to sign in to it which is not possible and is annoying. I have been able to remove another account as it gave me a 'Remove'...
  6. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  7. email removal from Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email removal from Microsoft Account: I am trying to remove an email account from my Microsoft account but with no success. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-removal-from-microsoft-account/661f5b24-72b2-43f8-908f-b0767d65e079
  8. How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings

How to Delete Inactive Work or School Account Email from Windows Settings: I currently have 2 email accounts linked up to my Microsoft Windows account see image below. One is my personal email address for my Microsoft Account that I would like to keep. The other is an email address for a "Work or School Account" that I would like to delete. I no...
  9. delete inactive work email

delete inactive work email: How can I delete a work email account app for which I no longer have access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-inactive-work-email/ce47ea8e-b943-4a6a-9227-989f56aa21f8
  10. Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device: Hello, everyone! I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to sign in to the account. I want to remove the account from my computer's settings, and to do so, I have gone to Settings >...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mattjfx