Windows 10: Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account

Discus and support Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently set up my new laptop. I want to have no password on the user account when I turn it on, but it has set my user account password to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IanTilley1, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account

I recently set up my new laptop. I want to have no password on the user account when I turn it on, but it has set my user account password to my microsoft account password. I've tried settings > accounts > sign-in options > Password, but this tries to change my microsoft account password. I want to remove my user account password only. How do I do this?

Thanks

:)

IanTilley1, Jul 14, 2020
  2. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 14, 2020
  4. flemmingk Win User

Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account

1. Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cannot remove user

2. Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...: Yep well you do wonder when it just takes forever if its worth doing but your ocd wants the laptop clean soooo.... As per the subject there is only the one account on my machine but in the settings under Accounts there are two. The first is the one that I am using and am...
  3. Cannot remove a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove a Microsoft account: I am trying to help a friend remove a MS account from his computer and I keep running into roadblocks.My friend did two things wrong when he set up his original MS account - he spelled his own name incorrectly!, and did not record his password. Two mistakes but it is what it...
  4. Cannot remove a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove a Microsoft account: I am trying to help a friend remove a MS account from his computer and I keep running into roadblocks.My friend did two things wrong when he set up his original MS account - he spelled his own name incorrectly!, and did not record his password. Two mistakes but it is what it...
  5. User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password: I recently realized that my account at Windows 10 is configured in a "strange way". I have local account, but it seems to be connected with Microsoft Account it can be seen on activation screen. In control panel settings my user account is listed as local account "Konto...
  6. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...: I am trying to install Windows on a new hard drive. Unsurprisingly, Windows/MSFT are doing their utmost to make me regret this decision every step of the way. When it comes to the step where I'm supposed to sign into my Microsoft account, it will not accept my correct...
  7. Removing an user account password

Removing an user account password: My sister puts an user password on my laptop, will refreshing windows remove it?or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-user-account-password/7b50cd8e-3359-4ecf-9ad1-456422851c67
  8. Removing a Microsoft account without the password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Microsoft account without the password: Hi everyone, I set up a Microsoft account when I first had my computer built - but because I don't actually use that email - I forgot the password. I've been through the form to have it reset twice, but because I've never actually emailed from it or used it apart from...
  9. Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account

Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account: How do I remove an old Microsoft user account? I'm using Windows 10. I linked my work account to my personal laptop, but now I've left that company, my account has been closed at their end and I can't remember my old password. I've left it sitting on my laptop for several...
  10. Remove Microsoft Account from User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account from User: Hello! The Microsoft Account linked to my laptop (the one I created when I first logged into my laptop when it was brand new) got hacked. I tried multiple times but I cannot retrieve my account. I have created another one, of course, with no issues. But the big problem is I...