Windows 10: Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps"

Discus and support Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I added my school Microsoft account to my PC, but have since left the school, so my school account has been permanently disabled. However, it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ookgluk32, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Ookgluk32 Win User

Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps"

I added my school Microsoft account to my PC, but have since left the school, so my school account has been permanently disabled. However, it still shows up under accounts used by other apps. My PC gives me daily notifications about how "problem with shared experiences settings, most likely your password changed." However, there is no option to delete/remove the account, only to "manage" it, which just takes me to a microsoft sign-in page I can never sign in again, due to it being deleted from their system. If anybody has any ideas on how to remove it, that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ookgluk32, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10

On Windows 10, under 'Email & app accounts' - 'Accounts used by other apps' I have a 'Work or school account' listed that I would like to remove. However, there is no option to remove this account.

The default email address alias changed today, so I have the correct account information to input, but I'm not able to change it or remove it from 'Accounts used by other apps'. If I go to 'Access work or school' and try to connect with the new default alias,
    I'm told that "your device is already connected to your organization".

Please provide details on how to ix this.

MChevalier13, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps"

Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows Mobile 10

I found the answer, or what worked for me.

In the Accounts section of settings, even tho this was listed in 'Email & app accounts', I needed to go into 'Access work or school', and remove the account there.

M Kenyon II, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps"

1. Cannot remove "work or school account" under "accounts used by other apps" - Similar Threads - Cannot remove school

2. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  3. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  4. Cannot remove Work/School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  5. Cannot remove Work/School Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  6. Cannot remove Work/School Account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps'

Deleting account under 'Accounts used by other apps': I keep getting notifications that there is a problem with one of my accounts. It was my school account from college. I want to remove it but when I go to manage it and sign in. I just get an access denied error after I sign in. I just want this account removed from my...
  8. Fix Work or School Account - Can't remove old accounts in "Accounts used by other apps"

Fix Work or School Account - Can't remove old accounts in "Accounts used by other apps": I keep getting a notification that I need to "fix a work or school account". In Settings -> Accounts -> Email & Accounts: under "Accounts used by other apps" - there are several accounts listed that I would like to remove, but I no longer have access to those accounts. How...
  9. Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bapethoven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqohwe/microsoft_account_stuck_under_accounts_used_by/
  10. Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account stuck under ‘Accounts used by other apps’ and can’t be removed?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bapethoven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqohsj/microsoft_account_stuck_under_accounts_used_by/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 remove work or school account without password

2. Microsoft Which type of account do you need help with? Work or school account Created by your IT department Personal account Created by you Request Id: 914780c5-e0af-48b9-a267-88c96159aa00 Correlation Id: d76f5605-7fbf-4a81-94a1-32388136f3f6 Time

3. cant remove work or school account win 10

4. Microsoft Which type of account do you need help with? Work or school account Created by your IT department Personal account Created by you Request Id: 914780c5-e0af-48b9-a267-88c941054c00 Correlation Id: 68df8ef5-fd45-435a-8302-29b938b10591 Time