Windows 10: Cannot remove Work/School Account

Discus and support Cannot remove Work/School Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jennifer Braid, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Cannot remove Work/School Account

Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free version. However, not long after working on documents i had an error message in the upper right of the screen see fig 2 and when attempting to fix the issue the login portal redirects to my college account,. There is no way round this, i have selected use another account and attempted to work around it that way but the login

:)

Jennifer Braid, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Chiblood6 Win User

Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:

"If you need to remove an account from your PC:

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .
    2. Select the account you wish to remove, then select Disconnect

...."
    However, the only option presented at this section is "Manage" which forwards me to my organization's page to login. The account has since been deactivated with no way to get to the next step.
    I have been getting notifications from my system that "There is a problem with a work or school account click her to fix now" but obviously can't login to remove the account from the system.
    Is there a work around to remove the account without logging in?

Chiblood6, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 10, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot remove Work/School Account

remove old school accout

Hi Anders,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the Settings App.

Go to Accounts.

Select Emails and Accounts, is school Email listed there, if it is, is there an option to disconnect (not remove) from that account?

Select Access Work or School, is school Email listed there, if it is, is there an option to disconnect (not remove) from that account?

On the left, click 'Your Info' is that school account listed on that page?

DaveM121, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Cannot remove Work/School Account

1. Cannot remove Work/School Account - Similar Threads - Cannot remove School

2. No Remove option on a "work or school account"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Remove option on a "work or school account": I'm getting a constant pop-up from my laptop to sign into my Microsoft Account, but when I try to sign in it either reappears a few minutes later or tells me I cannot sign in.I think it might be because it's trying to sign me into a school account I used a few years ago for a...
  3. "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy": I accidentally clicked to connect to a school account and now I can't remove it. When I click Disconnect this error appears: "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy". The school administrators said that they can't help me. How do I delete that account...
  4. "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy": I accidentally clicked to connect to a school account and now I can't remove it. When I click Disconnect this error appears: "This work or school account cannot be removed by system policy". The school administrators said that they can't help me. How do I delete that account...
  5. Cannot remove corrupted work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove corrupted work or school account: Hi, Situation:Windows 11 Pro, new Dell machine, connected to Microsoft 365 account for login.Outlook was connected to a second M365 account, sadly a GoDaddy one.Machine had a fault, and had hardware replaced.Since then, Outlook has failed to connect to the account. When...
  6. Cannot remove corrupted work or school account

Cannot remove corrupted work or school account: Hi, Situation:Windows 11 Pro, new Dell machine, connected to Microsoft 365 account for login.Outlook was connected to a second M365 account, sadly a GoDaddy one.Machine had a fault, and had hardware replaced.Since then, Outlook has failed to connect to the account. When...
  7. Cannot remove Work/School Account

Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  8. Cannot remove Work/School Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  9. Cant remove work or school account

Cant remove work or school account: Hi i have a problem where i cant remove my school account on my device. Firstly i downloaded microsoft teams and i tried to log in on the app but i couldnt then i logged in on the online version of the microsoft teams and somehow it automaticly connected with my device. Now...
  10. Cant remove work/school account

Cant remove work/school account: Greetings, for past few hours i've been trying to remove my school account but sadly no luck so far. it just keeps telling me "this work or school account cannot be removed by system policy" i tried signing in with a local account and then disconnecting my school...