Windows 10: Cannot rename folders again, again again .... how long should we have this problem to come...

Discus and support Cannot rename folders again, again again .... how long should we have this problem to come... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why can't I rename a folder - because a file is in use ? I have re-booted, I can create new folders AND rename them, I can delete folders ! It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by keldsor, Feb 15, 2020.

1. keldsor Win User

Cannot rename folders again, again again .... how long should we have this problem to come...

Why can't I rename a folder - because a file is in use ?

I have re-booted, I can create new folders AND rename them, I can delete folders !

It's not the first time it happens !

:)

keldsor, Feb 15, 2020

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Cannot rename folders again, again again .... how long should we have this problem to come...

Renaming Folder Slow

Hi I've tried all the steps and it didn't work the files that I rename has no delay at all but the folder renaming/deleting delay is exactly seconds long... please help

Thishanthneswaran Pillai, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Cannot rename folders again, again again .... how long should we have this problem to come...

1. Cannot rename folders again, again again .... how long should we have this problem to come... - Similar Threads - Cannot rename folders

2. KB5001716 coming again and again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5001716 coming again and again...: Even though, it was installed succesfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5001716-coming-again-and-again/d613f30a-5fec-4889-ab24-03ed855f8d30
  3. KB5001716 coming again and again...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5001716 coming again and again...: Even though, it was installed succesfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5001716-coming-again-and-again/d613f30a-5fec-4889-ab24-03ed855f8d30
  4. KB5001716 coming again and again...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker recovery comes up again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery comes up again and again: Hi, My laptop is having an issue since the motherboard was replaced. It was replaced again and the issue continued where I would enter my bitlocker recovery key and login, but on every boot it asks for the same thing. I also can't find it in the setting to disable it. What is...
  6. Bitlocker recovery comes up again and again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery comes up again and again: Hi, My laptop is having an issue since the motherboard was replaced. It was replaced again and the issue continued where I would enter my bitlocker recovery key and login, but on every boot it asks for the same thing. I also can't find it in the setting to disable it. What is...
  7. DST.exe Notification comes again and again.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DST.exe Notification comes again and again.: DST.exe notification comes again and again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/dstexe-notification-comes-again-and-again/ed810ed7-951b-4880-a1e4-d2ef47aa7837
  8. BSOD again and again and again :-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD again and again and again :-: Hi everyone,I am facing a very irritating problem within Windows 10 Home Single Language v. 21H1, build 19043.1023 where your help/expertise would be much appreciated.About 6 months ago I bought here in Brazil a laptop Dell Inspiron 15, model 3583 Intel Core i7-8565U CPU...
  9. Renaming files again

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming files again: I have a bunch of images, sorted alphabetically. I want it to add a number to files with a txt file that is not sorted alphabetically like: Isabelle(Dress) 301 Brewster 302 like that Is this possible? I have already tried Bulk Renaming Utility, Advanced Renamer and...
  10. DST.exe notifications comes again and again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DST.exe notifications comes again and again: Hello, can anyone tell me what is this , it comes again and again [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dstexe-notifications-comes-again-and-again/0281f884-ee17-46d6-a685-a5a7752d82bf"