Windows 10: Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

Discus and support Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My the IP port number for my default network printer was changed. I was able to enter "printer properties" and change to the new IP, and I can print.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CalypsoArt, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

My the IP port number for my default network printer was changed. I was able to enter "printer properties" and change to the new IP, and I can print. However, the "Port Name" in printer properties has remained the old IP number. Unlike in "Printer Name or IP Address" box, I cannot enter new text to rename the port. I'm the administrator on this machine and have all permissions. I've had this same problem back in my Win7 days and never got it solved.

:)

CalypsoArt, Jan 31, 2019

2. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Adam1949 Win User
    Windows 10 and parallel port (LPT) printer doesn't print

**** Again,

Just to update you all, I Shut down and rebooted a couple of times

and my ports are still working,

I opened the Device Manager (From Control Panel) and I was not

able to find the LPT Ports listed. but I noticed they have Print queues listed

I guess that the LPT Ports has been renamed, I was able to see my printers

listed there and you will be able to Right Click on your printer and Select "Properties"

and you will see the details of your printer.

The printers are listed regardless of the PORT

The printer port seems to be a Print Que "Local Print Queue" also called "Root Print Que"

Regards

Adam1949, Jan 31, 2019
  4. keakar Win User

Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

1. Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties. - Similar Threads - Cannot rename Printer

2. Printer properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer properties: I cannot find the "manage" tab in printer properties so cannot define the printer and scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-properties/0b49e266-e6e2-446e-85db-d51e44e3073f
  3. Printer properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer properties: I cannot find the "manage" tab in printer properties so cannot define the printer and scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-properties/0b49e266-e6e2-446e-85db-d51e44e3073f
  4. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...: So, I know I have fixed this once before, but it was a long time ago and now I can't find anything on this anymore.I'm a network admin for an MSP.Tl;dr - List of ports are missing in printer properties and I can't add or remove printers Error 283Long story:Suddenly, a few...
  5. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...: So, I know I have fixed this once before, but it was a long time ago and now I can't find anything on this anymore.I'm a network admin for an MSP.Tl;dr - List of ports are missing in printer properties and I can't add or remove printers Error 283Long story:Suddenly, a few...
  6. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

7. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

8. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

10. Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.: My the IP port number for my default network printer was changed. I was able to enter "printer properties" and change to the new IP, and I can print. However, the "Port Name" in printer properties has remained the old IP number. Unlike in "Printer Name or IP Address" box, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lpt1 port rename

2. cant rename lpt1

3. rename printer change properties doesnt appear

4. cant rename printer port,
  5. lpt1 printer port rename,
  6. rename port lpt1