Windows 10: Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

Discus and support Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a brand new PC with Windows 10 pro (17763). I can pin Desktop to Quick Access but I cannot drag and drop it to reorder it. I can drag and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chrissyfrotte, May 8, 2019.

1. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

I have a brand new PC with Windows 10 pro (17763).

I can pin Desktop to Quick Access but I cannot drag and drop it to reorder it.

I can drag and drop every other items in the list one by one (Documents, Downloads and some folders) to move Desktop all the way to the top.

After a while, Desktop would move all the way to the bottom, by itself.

Anyone experienced the same thing?

:)

Chrissyfrotte, May 8, 2019

2. Can no longer reorder Quick Access folders in list

Not working for me. Here's the strange thing: I can reorder the Windows-default Quick Access items (Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures), but I CANNOT reorder folders that I have pinned to Quick Access

Heinz57Sriracha, May 8, 2019
  3. Can no longer reorder Quick Access folders in list

I want to say THANK YOU to PaulTurvill. I had been unable to reorder the Quick Access List, and this problem was significantly hindering my work. However, Paul's explanation was excellent. It solved the problem!

GreggFrasco, May 8, 2019
  4. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

1. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access - Similar Threads - Cannot reorder Desktop

2. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access: I accidently deleted my desktop folder. I was able to restore it from the Recycle Bin. However, Desktop no longer appears as a Quick Access folder. When I right-click on Desktop and select 'Pin to Quick access' it does not get pinned....
  3. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access: I accidently deleted my desktop folder. I was able to restore it from the Recycle Bin. However, Desktop no longer appears as a Quick Access folder. When I right-click on Desktop and select 'Pin to Quick access' it does not get pinned....
  4. How to reorder items in Quick access File explorer, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reorder items in Quick access File explorer, Windows 11: I think my File Explorer Windows 11 is possessed by an evil creature that enjoys rattling me. Every once in a while it decides to substitute my pinned folders with some random and mostly useless ones. Today I decided to retry and re-organize that section of File explorer.I am...
  5. How to reorder items in Quick access File explorer, Windows 11

How to reorder items in Quick access File explorer, Windows 11: I think my File Explorer Windows 11 is possessed by an evil creature that enjoys rattling me. Every once in a while it decides to substitute my pinned folders with some random and mostly useless ones. Today I decided to retry and re-organize that section of File explorer.I am...
  6. Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access: Until recently, I could just drag folders up and down to reorder them - now when I try to do so I only get the option to copy them to other folders and it's impossible to move them around on the Quick Access screen. To the best of my knowledge, I didn't change any settings or...
  7. Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access: Until recently, I could just drag folders up and down to reorder them - now when I try to do so I only get the option to copy them to other folders and it's impossible to move them around on the Quick Access screen. To the best of my knowledge, I didn't change any settings or...
  8. Can no longer reorder folders in "Frequent Folders" quick access

9. Quick Access Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Desktop: Hello, everyone I just reinstalled windows onto my computer and when I click the quick access desktop from file explorer, none of the shortcuts and folders on my desktop show up. How would I fix this. Thanks in advance....
  10. Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin Desktop to Quick Access folder in Explorer: Hi, opened up the file explorer, quick access pinning works fine for all other folders, but I cannot pin the Desktop folder in there. It shows up in the folders pane on the left, (I have to scroll a way up to find it..) but using the 'pin to quick access' button in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to reagrrange desktop icon from quick access microsoft

2. cannot reaggrage desktop icon under quick access Microsoft