Windows 10: Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons

Discus and support Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have not used taskbar toolbars for a while because I was using a third-party solution, but I'm putting together a basic VM for testing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/djscoox, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons

Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons R1KRKLcKKNap_EerY8AjEjU9u-T8a5Rzi-ptwpHXH4M.jpg

I have not used taskbar toolbars for a while because I was using a third-party solution, but I'm putting together a basic VM for testing. I just added a toolbar and when I tried to reorder the buttons like I used to in Windows 7 I was surprised that I couldn't. The buttons are ordered alphabetically and I can't see any options in the right-click menu to change this. Do you guys know how I can override alphabetical order? Thanks!

https://preview.redd.it/5azmzmy4zv3...bp&s=001e2c82e5c0c798becff761ebc77465d862f804

submitted by /u/djscoox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/djscoox, Jun 9, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Order of buttons on vertical toolbar

"I want my toolbar to the the left. "Starting" with the windowsbutton in the down left corner. "

- That reads to me like you want the toolbars on the same side (whether sideways, or up and down if the Taskbar is in

the vertical configuration) as the start button.

If that's the case you still cannot move the toolbars away from the notification area.

If you want to re-order the popup list of say your Programs toolbar, you can drag an drop them within the list.

BossDweeb, Jun 16, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons

Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What are you exactly referring to when you say “Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar”?
    For testing, I suggest you to create a new user account and check the status of this issue.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Reply us back with the results. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons

1. Cannot reorder taskbar toolbar buttons - Similar Threads - Cannot reorder taskbar

2. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  3. TASKBAR - TOOLBAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TASKBAR - TOOLBAR: It will be very helpful and time saving if we can have taskbar toolbar functions back in windows 11. Toolbar was really time saving and an excellent feature of windows. is there a plan to bring the toolbar back in windows 11? otherwise, many users potentially will switch back...
  4. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  5. Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons

Missing Windows Button and toolbar buttons: I have tried:Erasing the registry item listed in some of these responses.Erasing all updates after the date in which the toolbar disappeared.I was going to try re installing Windows but when I tried to create a boot drive it wont let me because it says there are files missing...
  6. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  7. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  8. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot reorder "Desktop" in Quick Access: I have a brand new PC with Windows 10 pro (17763). I can pin Desktop to Quick Access but I cannot drag and drop it to reorder it. I can drag and drop every other items in the list one by one (Documents, Downloads and some folders) to move Desktop all the way to the top....
  10. toolbar/taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    toolbar/taskbar: Hi new to this page and hoping for some desperately needed help!!!!! I have windows 10 now ( i think a mistake and can't go back) but my tool/task bar won't auto hide. Somedays it will for a moment or opening new tabs, then it jusy stays put and won't go away..... Any ideas...