Windows 10: Cannot Repair Member File

Discus and support Cannot Repair Member File in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just built my computer yesterday night and have been having problems with it blue screening, I ran sfc/scannow and it shows a handful of files that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TyStarycki, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Cannot Repair Member File

I just built my computer yesterday night and have been having problems with it blue screening, I ran sfc/scannow and it shows a handful of files that cannot be repaired saying

"Hashes for file member [1:8] 'ime.json' do not match"

"Cannot repair member file [1:8] 'ime.json' of Microsoft-Windows-Spelling-Dictionaries-Canada-English-Fluency, version 10.0.18362.1, arch amd64, nonSxS,pkt {1:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch"

there are about 12 of these and they all are connected to "Dictionaries" or "SpellDictionaries"

Along with that is

"Warning overlap: Directory \??\C:\Windows\System32\drivers\en-US\ is owned twice or has its security set twice"

I don't know if they are connected or not

Right now i am downloading Windows 10 media to try and repair it I have no idea if it will work just found it online

Help would be much appreciated.

:)

TyStarycki, Feb 12, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 12, 2020
  3. freerunr Win User
    Cannot repair member file OneDrive.lnk - sfc scan

I recently encountered the Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10, so I was going through the motions to determine what the cause was. I'm pretty sure it was the result of a recent update to an Apple program, but while running an sfc scan, I noticed a file
    that couldn't be repaired: OneDrive.lnk. It showed up multiple times in the log. Here's one instance:

2019-01-06 13:36:18, Info CSI 00005373 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:12]'OneDrive.lnk' of Microsoft-Windows-OneDrive-Setup, version 10.0.17134.1, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash
    mismatch

First, is this an issue worth pursuing? And second, what are some steps to help repair the file?

Thanks!

freerunr, Feb 12, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Cannot Repair Member File

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Repair Member File

1. Cannot Repair Member File - Similar Threads - Cannot Repair Member

2. Cannot repair member file [1:12]'OneDrive.lnk"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot repair member file [1:12]'OneDrive.lnk": I cannot correctly sign in to my account due to OneDrive.lnk not being able to be repaired. This started when i randomly recieved a blue screen, reloaded my pc, and it popped up with the "We cant sign you in" screen. ive done everything i could to fix it, like fixing...
  3. Cannot repair member file [1:12]'OneDrive.lnk"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot repair member file [1:12]'OneDrive.lnk": I cannot correctly sign in to my account due to OneDrive.lnk not being able to be repaired. This started when i randomly recieved a blue screen, reloaded my pc, and it popped up with the "We cant sign you in" screen. ive done everything i could to fix it, like fixing...
  4. Cannot repair member file [1:12]'OneDrive.lnk"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [SR] Cannot repair member file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SR] Cannot repair member file: Good morning,My computer has some file that are apparantly corrupted. I can use my computer normally, but I can't update my operating system.When I ran "sfc /scannow", and then checked the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS log file, I found 72 lines that state files cannot be repaired....
  6. [SR] Cannot repair member file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SR] Cannot repair member file: Good morning,My computer has some file that are apparantly corrupted. I can use my computer normally, but I can't update my operating system.When I ran "sfc /scannow", and then checked the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS log file, I found 72 lines that state files cannot be repaired....
  7. Cannot repair member file [l:23]'winbiosensoradapter.dll'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot repair member file [l:23]'winbiosensoradapter.dll': I have an error using sfc and using dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, it says me that the archive is corrupted. What can I do? The computer works good but this message continues appearing after restarting and trying this methods.Full sfc error:000000e6 [SR] Cannot...
  8. Fixing Cannot repair member file RestartManagerUninstall.mof

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing Cannot repair member file RestartManagerUninstall.mof: Hi I have run /sfc scannow about 5 times to try to cleanup my ASUS machine. My machine automatically restarts when the system is idol or sometimes randomly. When running /sfc I have a few errors that are not correcting but I'm interested in this one due to the restart...
  9. Cannot repair member file. How to manually repair?

Cannot repair member file. How to manually repair?: I've ran a scan [sfc /scannow] on my registry and it told me Cannot repair member file, check cbs.log. Well I check the cbs.log and searched for cannot repair to find that I have 4 that could not be repaired automatically. My question is how do I manually repair these said...
  10. Cannot repair member file OneDrive.lnk - sfc scan

Cannot repair member file OneDrive.lnk - sfc scan: I recently encountered the Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10, so I was going through the motions to determine what the cause was. I'm pretty sure it was the result of a recent update to an Apple program, but while running an sfc scan, I noticed a file that couldn't be...