Windows 10: Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

Discus and support Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,I was having some application errors with my server and decided to run a SFC /scannow. It found some corrupt files, but was unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jesse Stillwell, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

Hi Everyone,I was having some application errors with my server and decided to run a SFC /scannow. It found some corrupt files, but was unable to repair them.So I proceeded with the following commands after downloading a Server 2019 ISO image from Microsoft.dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealthdism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealthdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:WIM:d:\sources\install.wim:2 /limitaccessAfter the 3rd command it comes up with this error:[===========================97.4%======================== ] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use

:)

Jesse Stillwell, Mar 29, 2023
  2. RejZoR Win User

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    https://dismgui.codeplex.com/releases/view/133331

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Mar 29, 2023
  3. OneMoar Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

you need to run DISM first before running SFC
    SFC query's the local component stores to make repairs
    DISM is targeted for rebuilding the component stores and a offline image the 'live' section is still handled by SFC in some cases
    except on windows 8.1 and up because they changed it
    but only for certain files and only if x part of the store is corrupt
    so yea pretty confusing eh

OneMoar, Mar 29, 2023
  4. RejZoR Win User

Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

1. Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC - Similar Threads - Cannot Repair Server

2. Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC: Hi Everyone,I was having some application errors with my server and decided to run a SFC /scannow. It found some corrupt files, but was unable to repair them.So I proceeded with the following commands after downloading a Server 2019 ISO image from Microsoft.dism /online...
  3. Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Repair Windows Server 2019 with DISM or SFC: Hi Everyone,I was having some application errors with my server and decided to run a SFC /scannow. It found some corrupt files, but was unable to repair them.So I proceeded with the following commands after downloading a Server 2019 ISO image from Microsoft.dism /online...
  4. Server 2019 repair component store via DISM not working whatsoever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2019 repair component store via DISM not working whatsoever: Client with Server 2019 Standard. Had a drive fail in RAID 5 array which shouldn't have caused corruption, but it did. I had to rollback/restore registry hive including COMPONENTS from prior to any corruption. This rolled it back to Dec. 15 2022 timeframe, whereas drive and...
  5. Server 2019 repair component store via DISM not working whatsoever

Server 2019 repair component store via DISM not working whatsoever: Client with Server 2019 Standard. Had a drive fail in RAID 5 array which shouldn't have caused corruption, but it did. I had to rollback/restore registry hive including COMPONENTS from prior to any corruption. This rolled it back to Dec. 15 2022 timeframe, whereas drive and...
  6. Neither SFC not DISM can repair Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Neither SFC not DISM can repair Windows: "sfc /scannow" command fails to repair installation with error:"Failed to load package: Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~22621.755.1.4 [HRESULT = 0x80070017 - ERROR_CRC]""dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not help either, asks for source files -...
  7. Neither SFC not DISM can repair Windows

Neither SFC not DISM can repair Windows: "sfc /scannow" command fails to repair installation with error:"Failed to load package: Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~22621.755.1.4 [HRESULT = 0x80070017 - ERROR_CRC]""dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" does not help either, asks for source files -...
  8. Server 2019 DISM Error: 1734

Server 2019 DISM Error: 1734: Restart and ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and getting an error.dism runs to 100% ands errors out with Error: 1734. "The array bounds are invalid."dism.log is unremarkable with no errors, log contains warnings on missing siloedpackageprovider.dll and warnings...
  9. DISM and SFC cannot run

DISM and SFC cannot run: Good evening to the microsoft team.A week ago, i accidentally deleted the trustedinstaller files which is windowsapp. Due to that, i cant open most of the apps. It was my bad. However, after i reset the laptop, everything comes back to normal except for malfunction DISM and...
  10. Automatic Repair, SFC and DISM Problem ...

Automatic Repair, SFC and DISM Problem ...: Hi Everyone, This is the first time I have posted here. Here goes. After a power surge when coming out of hibernation windows crashed. Windows 10 Pro x64 then went into automatic repair which fails to diagnose a problem and so enters a loop. Where it is not possible to go...