Windows 10: Cannot Replace File in System32

Discus and support Cannot Replace File in System32 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to replace the IEFRAME.DLL file in C:\Windows\System32. However, even after I have manually took over ownership of the System32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mo yahia, Feb 23, 2024.

1. mo yahia Win User

Cannot Replace File in System32

Hello, I am trying to replace the IEFRAME.DLL file in C:\Windows\System32. However, even after I have manually took over ownership of the System32 folder, it is still not allowing me to replace the file. I have also tried Chkdsk scan, and have tried to load into safe mode to try to replace the file. Please help me, thank you.

:)

mo yahia, Feb 23, 2024

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Cannot Replace File in System32 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Cannot Replace File in System32 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Cannot replace file in System32

Hello, I am trying to replace the audiosrv.dll file in C:\Windows\System32. However, even after I have manually took over ownership of the System32 folder, it is still not allowing me to replace the file. I have also tried Chkdsk scan, and have tried to load into safe mode to try to replace the file. Please help me, thank you.

TheGallaxy, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Cannot Replace File in System32

Replacing volsnap.sys file

Hello,

Some of the changes that needs to be made on a computer needs permission. With this, we suggest
    logging in to your PC using an administrator account before replacing the
    volsnap.sys. You can check the methods in this
    article
    to know more about administrator accounts. The information provided on that link can be applied in Windows 10.

Please take note that the file you are trying to replace is a Windows driver, therefore we also recommend
    backing up your files before proceeding. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start​button.
    • Select Settings then
      Update & security.
    • Select Backup then Add a drive
      and choose an external drive or a network location for your backups.

Cannot Replace File in System32 [​IMG]

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Cannot Replace File in System32

1. Cannot Replace File in System32 - Similar Threads - Cannot Replace File

2. I cannot change the owner of the " system32 " file back to " Trustedinstaller "

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot change the owner of the " system32 " file back to " Trustedinstaller ": So, i had some problems with my computer and a family member who is good in IT helped me fix it, i had to change the System32 file Owner to myself because i had so change some things in there, but now i cannot change the owner back to " TrustedInstaller ". It says that it...
  3. Cannot Replace File in System32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Replace File in System32: Hello, I am trying to replace the IEFRAME.DLL file in C:\Windows\System32. However, even after I have manually took over ownership of the System32 folder, it is still not allowing me to replace the file. I have also tried Chkdsk scan, and have tried to load into safe mode to...
  4. Cannot Replace File in System32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Replace File in System32: Hello, I am trying to replace the IEFRAME.DLL file in C:\Windows\System32. However, even after I have manually took over ownership of the System32 folder, it is still not allowing me to replace the file. I have also tried Chkdsk scan, and have tried to load into safe mode to...
  5. Cannot replace file in System32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot replace file in System32: Hello, I am trying to replace the audiosrv.dll file in C:\Windows\System32. However, even after I have manually took over ownership of the System32 folder, it is still not allowing me to replace the file. I have also tried Chkdsk scan, and have tried to load into safe mode to...
  6. Cannot replace file in System32

Cannot replace file in System32: Hello, I am trying to replace the audiosrv.dll file in C:\Windows\System32. However, even after I have manually took over ownership of the System32 folder, it is still not allowing me to replace the file. I have also tried Chkdsk scan, and have tried to load into safe mode to...
  7. Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?: Hello, new to this websiteI wanna ask if it's a solution if I replace my hdd with a new one since the system32 in my pc is corrupted since something went wrong with my regedit, with constant prompts on my pc saying something about denying access to regedit policy 2.0, can't...
  8. Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?

Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?: Hello, new to this websiteI wanna ask if it's a solution if I replace my hdd with a new one since the system32 in my pc is corrupted since something went wrong with my regedit, with constant prompts on my pc saying something about denying access to regedit policy 2.0, can't...
  9. Will replacing HDD help with corrupted system32?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Unsigned files in system32

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unsigned files in system32: I used sigcheck to check system32 earlier today and found that several .dll and .exe files were marked as unsigned. Most of these said that they were from Microsoft in their description. I googled it and it seems like some Microsoft files just aren't signed. Does any one know...