Windows 10: Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when...

Discus and support Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There is a known issue with the Netgear A6210 Wireless network adapter device where connecting to a network causes a system crash. Suggested fixes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by benphoenix1, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when...

There is a known issue with the Netgear A6210 Wireless network adapter device where connecting to a network causes a system crash.

Suggested fixes seem to mostly say to install the correct MediaTek driver, as it's their chip in the A6210.

This would be fine, except that I cannot seem to get device manager to let me change the driver. I've uninstalled all the A6210 software. I do to DM and I right click the device, I try to update the driver manually to the location where the MediaTek driver saved. DM tells me the best driver is already installed. So I try uninstalling the device, and then scan for hardware changes. The device pops up for a second, little question mark, and then that disappears and the device is back in the Network adapters list! It will not even allow me to uninstall it and then leave it uninstalled, it's automatically reinstalling it as soon as it detects it.

This is quite frustrating. For some reason I can connect to 2.4ghz via windows wireless network menu, it's a low quality signal (I have read that there are issues with using usb3.0 connection, this device and 2.4ghz connections) but it does connect. If I try connecting via 5ghz, either in the wireless windows menu or using the A6210 Genie software (now uninstalled) then the computer crashes. Hence the need to try this work-around. However, without being able to override the computer on what the best driver is, I cannot try the work-around.

I also tried navigating to the system32/drivers folder, and deleting A6210.sys manually, after uninstalling the network adapter. It deletes, I run another scan for hardware changes, and the network adapter reinstalls under the same driver! So I refresh the explore page for the driver folder, and the driver file A6210.sys is back.

:)

benphoenix1, Jun 18, 2019

2. Netgear A6210 causing BSOD (kernel security check failure)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It is possible that the Netgear A6210 adapter is not compatible with Windows 10. However, I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the driver and check if the issue persists.
    If Windows 10 drivers aren't available, then we suggest you to download the Windows 7/8 drivers to install them in the compatibility mode. Refer to the following article for help to do the same:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 18, 2019
  3. MC Rider Win User
    Netgear A6210 causing BSOD (kernel security check failure)

This morning I moved locations to be nearer to one of the Ruckus AP's. I also turned off the on-board Wi-Fi card to mitigate any channel/card driver conflicts.

Result:

Clear and responsive access to the Internet with the NetGear Tool providing visible updates on when it was searching for the AP and logging on without a problem.

• I then launched the Citrix Receiver Application for Remote Desktop access. Within seconds I encountered a problem with Wi-Fi access dropping out as soon as I started this session. Disconnected the Citrix session and within 5-10 seconds, the Netgear tool
      re-acquired signal and Internet Access was established. (Repeated the above several times and was able to reproduce fault)
    • I then launched a Chrome session and used the Citrix Receiver application via the Web
    • Access granted and although performance was stilted/slow - the Netgear did not drop off
    • Tested above 3 times and same result
    I then ran the Citrix Receiver Clean-Up utility and removed CRA

Installed the latest CRA version (28/9/2015 version 4.3.100)

(stop/restart laptop)

Following installation I then launched the application and selected the tick boxes when the CRA identified two attached devices (the laptop and the Netgear A6210). Within seconds my session dropped and I'm back at #1.

I stopped the CRA and restarted the application - I then did NOT select any of the identified devices and my session launched without dropping out ....and I've had a stable connection for the past hour.

Summary:

As I made simultaneous changes, I cannot confirm if it was both the latest Software update for CRA and NOT selecting the devices that resolved the problem...or simply NOT selecting the devices alone. Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when... :(

In moving closer to one of the Ruckus AP's, I removed a potential issue of sitting between two AP's that may have caused some Wi-Fi flapping which may have masked the above issue.

I've also turned the on-board Wi-Fi card back on and have seen no further conflict messages and still have stable access via the Netgear A6210

Thanks for your suggestions team

MC Rider, Jun 18, 2019
  4. MC Rider Win User

Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when...

Netgear A6210 causing BSOD (kernel security check failure)

Running a Toshiba L50-D running Windows 10 with an internal WiFi card with single band capability.

At home I have the N600 dual band router and identified that I needed an external WiFi device and purchased the Netgear A6210 adapter.

Configuring the adapter has not been without its challenges as running this in the office appears to cause the BSOD error - but not at home? However, I can work in the office for several hours and it works fine...then it will without warning provide a BSOD
    and if the adapter is left connected following a reboot, it will continue to BSOD.

I have installed the latest driver, and then rolled this back as the latest caused constant BSOD failures

(I'm currently using the MediaTek driver (version 5.1.22.0 date 21/4/2015)

I have connected this to both USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports

Research has not revealed a clear root cause and resolution.

MC Rider, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when...

1. Cannot replace Netgear A6210 driver (A6210 driver for win 10 causes system crash when... - Similar Threads - Cannot replace Netgear

2. A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter: I've been trying to update my current network adapter, 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card, to my new one NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter. But everytime I go to update it, my computer gets a BSOD. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated....
  3. A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter: I've been trying to update my current network adapter, 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card, to my new one NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter. But everytime I go to update it, my computer gets a BSOD. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated....
  4. A6210.sys BSOD When updating adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. massive lag spikes with a6210 wireless adapter, up to 3000 ms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    massive lag spikes with a6210 wireless adapter, up to 3000 ms: I am getting massive lag spikes every couple of seconds when I play games, I have tried a lot of things. I have a white gateway 1gb router and I usually get around 200mbps when I do a speed test. I have turned on power-saving mode and also tried doing things in the command...
  6. Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update 2020-05 disabled Netgear A6210 WiFi Adapter: My computer was working flawlessly. I had it restart with update. When it restarted, there wasn't a wireless connection. I looked for wireless networks and the computer wasn't seeing any. I restarted the computer, hoping it was just some glitch. When it restarted, it still...
  7. Windows 10 a6210 hotspot issues

Windows 10 a6210 hotspot issues: I am trying to set up a hotspot on my computer. I get an error, even though the a6210 is hosted network supported. Any suggestions on what i can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-a6210-hotspot-issues/61f68090-a2e8-41f2-ab95-e52ef1e10f36
  8. my a6210 net gear usb dual band not showing 5ghz

my a6210 net gear usb dual band not showing 5ghz: please help me out I did everything done in device manager but not picking 5ghz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a6210-net-gear-usb-dual-band-not-showing-5ghz/ad341bdf-68b1-42f1-a7b0-5eb15b4adc3a
  9. Windows 10 update failure A6210.sys RESTART

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update failure A6210.sys RESTART: [IMG]I have a optiplex 7010 Dell and I am trying to upgrade it from Windows 7 to windows 10 i have bought and downloaded the update but when i go to restart and update the computer i get this code. ”Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some...
  10. NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems

NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 WiFi windows 10 anniversary update problems: Hi, I think this is the 4th USB Wifi adapter that i have tried to use with windows 10 after the anniversary update to create a hotspot/adhoc Mainly using the program connectify Befor doing this update my USD wifi was fine i was forced to update windows for the new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. netgear a6210 windows 10 crash

2. netgear a6210 crashes windows 10

3. netgear a6210 problems .sys driver

4. a6210 driver for amd ,
  5. netgear a6210 causing windows 10 update fail,
  6. netgear a6210 windows 10,
  7. netgear a6210 bsod in windows 10,
  8. a6210 netgear win 10 fail,
  9. netgear 1809 a6210 driver,
  10. windows 10 failed A6210.sys,
  11. a6210.sys location,