Windows 10: Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’

Discus and support Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’ in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I’ve recently moved house and my machine has just been set up, since its a different time zone the screen time limit doesnt allow access to the pc, ive... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JoeMather, Apr 13, 2021.

1. JoeMather Win User

Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’

I’ve recently moved house and my machine has just been set up, since its a different time zone the screen time limit doesnt allow access to the pc, ive connected it to the wifi and tried to request more screen time, however it says it cannot send the request due to lack of wifi connection, it clearly shows in the bottom right it is connected, ive tried wireless and wired connections on the computer and all have given the same result, any help would be appreciated

Joe

:)

JoeMather, Apr 13, 2021

2. Loss of Internet connection due to Flight mode on desktop with no WiFi

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds on this article
    to resolve network connection issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 13, 2021
  3. wabbles Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’

Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’

1. Cannot request more screen time due to ‘not being connected to wifi’ - Similar Threads - Cannot request more

2. Cannot Connect to wifi due to driver problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Connect to wifi due to driver problems.: My wife's Laptop is an Asus model X1500E. She cannot connect to our wifi. We have an error message 'Intel Wireless-9461 This Device cannot start Code 10'. The motherboard is X515EA. I have tried to update the drivers but received an error message 'WIndows found drivers for...
  3. Cannot Connect to wifi due to driver problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Connect to wifi due to driver problems.: My wife's Laptop is an Asus model X1500E. She cannot connect to our wifi. We have an error message 'Intel Wireless-9461 This Device cannot start Code 10'. The motherboard is X515EA. I have tried to update the drivers but received an error message 'WIndows found drivers for...
  4. PC WiFi Cannot Connect At Times

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC WiFi Cannot Connect At Times: Dear MSCSAbout two months ago, I changed the network adaptor after no service for the past 3 years, because the company said that they had stopped supporting it, so its upgraded.It now includes Bluetooth too, but yesterday the WiFi stopped connecting.I eventually connected to...
  5. Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme: When receiving the more screen time requests emails, I noticed that the emails were showing a time/date AFTER the time/date of the email. For example the email body would read "[child] asked on July 12 at 5:00 AM.", but the email was received the evening of July 11th local...
  6. Child cannot request more screen time/changes do not take effect

Child cannot request more screen time/changes do not take effect: For the last week, I haven't been able to change my child's screen time limits. No matter what I do, it only allows him 2 hours per day, which is what I have it set to as a default. Even if I adjust the start/stop times or the amount of time each day in my family settings, it...
  7. Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue

Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue: I need help.... I have set up my daughter with screen time request which work fine however now I have added another adult to the family 'group' they get the requests as well. I understand the principle of this but I don't want them to receive the same requests how do I stop...
  8. Child request for more screen time no longer works

Child request for more screen time no longer works: I have my son's laptop set up with screen time limits. When he runs low, he requests more screen time from his laptop and I receive the request via email. In the past, I could approve more screen time via that email message and he'd receive it. For the past month or so,...
  9. Unable to send request for more screen time

Unable to send request for more screen time: Hi. I noticed my child is unable to request for more screen time when the VPN is connected. It works perfectly when the VPN is off. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-request-for-more-screen-time/6260bf14-815b-487d-9afb-1b7eb37408e9"
  10. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...