Windows 10: Cannot reset Internet Explorer on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot reset Internet Explorer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, everyone I hope someone can help me with the issue I am experiencing on my Windows 10 1902. To my amazement Quicken requires Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AGELD, Feb 22, 2021.

1. AGELD Win User

Cannot reset Internet Explorer on Windows 10

Hello, everyone

I hope someone can help me with the issue I am experiencing on my Windows 10 1902.

To my amazement Quicken requires Internet Explorer to be installed on the system. I installed/enabled it through Optional Features.

However, when I double-click on Internet Explorer icon, it does not come up without showing any errors. I removed and added IE several times, but it still does not come up. So, I tried to reset IE by using Internet Options. I used the procedure described in this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/browsers/how-to-repair-or-reinstall-ie, via Advanced Settings. However, when I click on Reset, the reset procedure fails to reset IE. What can I do to reset it? How can I troubleshoot further?

I will greatly appreciate your help.

:)

AGELD, Feb 22, 2021
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Cannot reset Internet Explorer on Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 22, 2021
  4. den942 Win User

No Internet Explorer after reset

Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.371

Yes, under optional features, Internet Explorer is not listed...

den942, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot reset Internet Explorer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot reset Internet

2. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Following a Windows Update, I discovered that Internet Explorer was removed without warning. I work in the security cameras industry and almost all systems sold until two years ago use plugins that are only compatible with Internet Explorer and nothing else. By taking out...
  3. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Following a Windows Update, I discovered that Internet Explorer was removed without warning. I work in the security cameras industry and almost all systems sold until two years ago use plugins that are only compatible with Internet Explorer and nothing else. By taking out...
  4. Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Internet Explorer for windows 10

Internet Explorer for windows 10: Since upgrade suddenly lost internet explorer and now can not reload it. some of my applications needs ie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-for-windows-10/1d5ff8fe-08f4-41ba-80ac-d2521d87cba6
  6. Internet Explorer and Windows 10

Internet Explorer and Windows 10: What version of Internet Explorer should I have on my PC before installing Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-and-windows-10/03fb287c-da9f-49c2-9327-85a8b4b64205
  7. Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Icon Cannot Be Removed From Desktop on Windows 10: Hello, and thank you for taking the time to read this. This is my first post here. My problem is that I have an Internet Explorer icon on my desktop that will just not go away. I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried: 1. Moving it to the recycle bin. 2. Right clicking it...
  8. Internet Explorer 10

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 10: Hi, a friend of mine has some CD's that can only be viewed with Internet Explorer 10 (I presume higher as well). Is there a way he can install IE10 on Windows 10 to view them? Thanks! 39230
  9. No Internet Explorer after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Explorer after reset: Ouch. TenForums, thanks to Kyhi, has a recovery disk that you boot from to copy your data. Not sure of circumstances but so you you are aware should this happen again. You could try DISM, tutorial attached. Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Two options, one...
  10. Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Internet Explorer to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information default web browser. You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was...