Windows 10: Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem..."

Discus and support Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem..." in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For 5 days I've been trying to reset my Microsoft Account password and keep getting the same error message over and over (below) and none of the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamChicago, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem..."

For 5 days I've been trying to reset my Microsoft Account password and keep getting the same error message over and over (below) and none of the Microsoft automated account help or phone/text bots are able to help and I cannot get a hold of a human...I hope to God my account hasn't been hacked for the past 5 days!!!!!!!!!

Error message:

"There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."

Please help!!!!!

Adam

:)

AdamChicago, Jun 4, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 4, 2019
  3. 2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem..."

Login Password Problem: There's a temporary problem with the service.

Hi Microsoft,

I am keen to resolve this issue as the answer provided does not resolve.

As outlined above, I have followed Steps 1, 2, 3. When I get to Step 4, I select the Send a code to my phone option (Call ** ******47), I then insert the last four digits of the phone number as requested and I receive the following
    error:

• There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later.
    Can you please advise how I can resolve this issue to reset or recover the password such that we can log into Windows???

Shaun

Caval_McLaren, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem..."

1. Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem..." - Similar Threads - Cannot reset Microsoft

2. Reset password for Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset password for Microsoft account: My father in law is almost 95 & has some memory issues related to age & medication. I'm trying to set-up Dad's laptop for his son to use, as it's been sitting idle for some time now. Dad can no longer recall any of his passwords & as a result I've had no luck with changing...
  3. Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems

Microsoft Acct login as Laptop login - Problems: I have an older laptop that has not been used in a few years that needs to get back into service. Password was lost. I reset the MS account login pass word through the process on the laptops log in screen. I can log into the MS acct on a different computer just fine but...
  4. Cannot reset child account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot reset child account password: We recently purchased a new Windows 10 computer. We were excited to create new outlook.com email addresses for each of my daughters so we set them up with new accounts. These accounts have never worked. We tried logging in and were unable to. On both. We tried resetting their...
  5. Resetting Microsoft Password

Resetting Microsoft Password: while trying to recover an older Microsoft account i got an email saying this "Your Microsoft account appears to be provided by an Internet Service Provider" Anyone have any idea why this is the response. The thing is i dont have my old email anymore, as the account expired...
  6. Resetting Microsoft Password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Resetting Microsoft Password: while trying to recover an older Microsoft account i got an email saying this "Your Microsoft account appears to be provided by an Internet Service Provider" Anyone have any idea why this is the response. The thing is i dont have my old email anymore, as the account expired...
  7. Unable to reset Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reset Microsoft Password: The resetting process stops at the point where one is asked to enter a birthdate. The error message is "enter a valid date". It is as though, when my original account was set up an incorrect date was entered. I have worked 6 hours over the past 2 weeks, under two different...
  8. password reset problems

password reset problems: Whenever an account sends me a reset password it never arrives in my Hotmail. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-reset-problems/911a6ec3-7f58-42c1-929d-2b20575f4205"
  9. microsoft acct

microsoft acct: hello everyone i have a question, i have 1 pc and a laptop at home that use my same microsoft hotmail acct login,i upgraded one pc to windows 10,the other is win 8.1,what i wanted to find out is if there would be any issues with using my same login on 2 separate devices.i do...
  10. Password Reset Problem

Password Reset Problem: When I upgraded one desktop, I must have set a MS password instead of a local account without a password.. Think I ran an auto login program, where I didn't have to use a password. I read that the account could not be changed. I tried logging in as a local account and got...